Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen

Thread: 3D-Printed 380 Mag Grip Extension (Pics)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Light Bulb 3D-Printed 380 Mag Grip Extension (Pics)

I learned a lot at this forum before purchasing my first Kahr. Thank you all!

I always wanted some grip extension for my pinky on the tiny CW380. I know Pearce makes one, but I don't like its "PPK" feel. Also, I want to keep the OEM magazine floor plate for reliability. So I came with an idea to make a grip/pinky extension with minimal modification to the magazine. After a few days of tinkering, I finally came up with some satisfactory prototypes (click the thumbnails for full size):

(Matching the cheese grater patterns)

(Slide on, slide off)

(Flat vs curved in large, medium, and small sizes)

(Freestanding)

(The essence of iterative design)

(CS(Curved-small) model spray-painted with rustoleum metallic finish; my personal favorite)

I have yet to test at the range but theoretically the design doesn't change any factory mechanism. I have no interest in making money from this, but I don't want other people to take my design and sell it on eBay or Etsy. If you folks here are interested in these models, I will post a link for download instead of upload them to a 3D model repository. If you don't have a 3D printer, you can send the files to craftcloud3d.com and get a quote for someone to print and ship them to you. I welcome any comments on this. Thanks for reading!

10/25/2020 Edit: Download link for STL files. The password for the zip file is my username (MahrLalk).
    12/20/2020 Edit: Added a short flat version (FlatX) which only covers half of the magazine floor plate.
    03/21/2021 Edit: Made some minor adjustments and updated the download link.
    Last edited by MahrLalk; 03-16-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Update