Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: 3D-Printed 380 Mag Grip Extension (Pics)

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,096

    Default

    Dang, I'm still looking for the TV remote so I can watch the 11:00 news to see how many people got shot today.....I think technology has left the building for this old man.....Nice looking grip extension MahrLalk, no idea how you made it but I'm impressed, don't worry about me uploading it, I'm still trying to download lunch......Oh one last thing, I think you seem to be the right guy with the skills to fabricate a product that will sell and make money for you, tool up a "butt plug" (not a bad word) to fill in the rear of the gap in a Kahr grip so it doesn't look like something is missing and you will sell a bunch of um.....There are several company's selling Glock plugs to fill in the void in the grip but nobody has done it for Kahrs so you may have found a new market for your 3D printer skills and abilities and I'd be a customer.....
    The Federal Government can not give anyone a single penny that it has not taken away from someone else….

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Dang, I'm still looking for the TV remote so I can watch the 11:00 news to see how many people got shot today.....I think technology has left the building for this old man.....Nice looking grip extension MahrLalk, no idea how you made it but I'm impressed, don't worry about me uploading it, I'm still trying to download lunch......Oh one last thing, I think you seem to be the right guy with the skills to fabricate a product that will sell and make money for you, tool up a "butt plug" (not a bad word) to fill in the rear of the gap in a Kahr grip so it doesn't look like something is missing and you will sell a bunch of um.....There are several company's selling Glock plugs to fill in the void in the grip but nobody has done it for Kahrs so you may have found a new market for your 3D printer skills and abilities and I'd be a customer.....
    Thank you, getsome. I used to run a small 3D design/printing shop on 3DHubs.com before they changed their business model. Nowadays I'm just too busy with work and occasionally I design things for fun. Since you are interested in the models, I will upload them and put a link in the main post when I get back to my computer later today.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I just added a download link in the main post. You can visit craftcloud3d.com to have the parts quoted, printed, and shipped to you for a low cost. Material-wise, PLA works but PETG, ABS and Polycarbonate are preferred.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Thanks, MahrLalk.
    I downloaded the files, and have had fun taking a closer look at your work. Impressive!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tokuno View Post
    Thanks, MahrLalk.
    I downloaded the files, and have had fun taking a closer look at your work. Impressive!
    Thank you for your kind words, tokuno. I'm glad you liked it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MahrLalk View Post
    I learned a lot at this forum before purchasing my first Kahr. Thank you all!

    ...

    10/25/2020 Edit: Download link for STL files. The password for the zip file is my username (MahrLalk).
    Thanks for making the .STL available for these. I don't know if they'll work for my 9mm, but I suspect with a bit of tweaking, they would.

    I appreciate your sharing them.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboyron View Post
    Thanks for making the .STL available for these. I don't know if they'll work for my 9mm, but I suspect with a bit of tweaking, they would.

    I appreciate your sharing them.
    You are welcome. They probably just need some careful scaling.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I have added a short version which only covers half of the magazine floor plate. The new design expedites the 3D printing process and lowers the material cost.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights