Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre Election shopping...

Default Pre Election shopping...

Well, not being sure which way this election thing may go I figured I should take the opportunity to do some shopping. Picked up this today...

Then then the best part was the counter guy asked if I needed any ammo. I didn’t really need any but I asked him “you got any target ammo?” He said yeah. I asked him how much. He said $11.95 a box. I thought I’d test the waters and said give me 4 boxes but he said there was a 1 box limit. I said OK give me one box. Then he brought one 50 round box and the one other box below. I said I think I’ll take the big one. Good price at $11.95 per 50 rounds for brass cased during this COVID/Riot/Election cycle. Now if this thing runs nice I have to pick up a couple of the 15 round extended mags.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Nice!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Score!

Sweet!

I took a trip up to Kahr to do some pre-election shopping. Their retail store is in house, and is called the Tommy Gun Warehouse. Basically, a gun shop on steroids.

They carry a lot more brands than just Kahr as well. They don't ship ammo, but they literally have pallets of cased ammo. Picked up a bit to go plinking....

ammo.jpg

Nice! Love my XL.

Great price on the ammo. I’ve never fired Herters but I’ve seen some mixed reviews. If it were me, I’d bring some other ammo along to the break in party, just in case.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I've been mulling over buying myself a celebration present if my favored candidate wins, but I can't think of any niches that haven't been filled. Or if the other candidate wins I can buy myself more "preparation" supplies.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I bought some Herter's 380 once. It was very dirty, but cleaning supplies are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I bought some Herter's 380 once. It was very dirty, but cleaning supplies are cheap.
    I bought a case of Indonesian Herters 380 about 10 years ago and it shot OK except for 1 Squib round that I had to beat out with a wooden dowel. That’s the only squib I’ve ever had. Best i remember it was dirty I think.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

That box says made in USA on it. They just make the 380 in Indonesia? That would be fine, got no use for a mouse gun no how.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The previous iteration of Herters in the black and red box was made by Sellier & Bellot. It was a little hotter than most, and fairly clean burning.

I used to pick it up on sale and with coupons for under $8 a box at the local Cabelas. Never had a problem with it. The brass reloaded well too.

The new Herters is made by Winchester. Dirtiest ammo I ever used, but I clean my guns after shooting no matter how many rounds I shoot, so it doesn't matter much.

I paid almost twice as much for the PMC I got at Kahr, but at least I found something to shoot with. Either the shops around here have nothing, or some really price gouge at $30 + a box.