Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther p22 images

Default Walther p22 images

Hello Everyone,
    I just wanted to post a few images of a used Walther p22 I purchased for my daughters recently. I will be using it to teach them how to shoot. I installed the fiber optic front sight and they wanted it hydro dipped in a leopard print. It's the first time I ever hydro dipped anything and it turned out really nice. They think it is "cool". I hope to let them shoot it next weekend. The gun shoots really well, btw. The first image is a 10 shot 3/4in grouping from 10 ft. The second image is a 17 shot 10 1/4in grouping from 80 ft.

Take care,
    Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images

Download a copy of the P22 Bible. Give it a read for some very informative info. I performed many of the recommended mods, it made a drastic improvement. The trigger assembly is a lot of fun to reassemble. CCI Stingers are the ticket.

I’m not much on different gun colors but I say I like the leopard print.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

^^^What he said. I looked up hydro dipping. Be cool to be able to do that. Looks like you have it figured out just fine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Ralph III,
    Heck of a nice job on that hydro dip!
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I’m thinking a hydro dipped P365... I’ll have to ponder that.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Thanks for the compliments guys. I didn't think I would care for the leopard print but I must say the girls were spot on with it. It really looks great.

I had never hydro dipped anything but I watched quite a few videos and then used what I felt was the best advice. I also took a few pointers from a friend who had done some hydro dipping. You can watch this THIS video for the basic process. My procedure was very similar with a few exceptions. My procedure was as follows.

1. I cleaned the polymer pistol frame with brake fluid followed by soap and water. After it dries be sure to tape off any necessary parts.

2. You will now paint the piece with the color that the pattern calls for. I used Krylon Fusion Paint/Primer which is an excellent all-in-one paint. You only need to apply a few thin coats as adequate coverage is all that is needed.

3. Now cut as much pattern that is necessary and tape all of the edges. The masking tape helps keep the water from getting on top of the pattern. Note: some people like to cut a few slits in the tape because it makes it easier to remove when finished but I chose not to.

4. Next fill a container with luke-warm water. The instructions called for the water to be 90 degrees with mine. Now droop the pattern in the middle and slowly lower it into the water. After it has settled be sure to work out any bubbles with your fingers or by blowing on it. Note: be sure to place the correct side of the pattern into the water.

5. Next, spray the activator onto the pattern. This will liquefy the material. I waited about 1 minute and then I dipped the polymer frame slowly into the pattern. Be sure to dip your piece into the water at an angle to avoid introducing bubbles. When you remove the piece you want to rinse it off thoroughly. Allow it to dry.

6. Lastly, apply several coats of clear coat. This will protect the finish just like a clear coat does for automotive paint. I applied 3 or 4 thin coats from different angles. I then flipped the polymer frame over and applied several more coats at different angles.

It really is an easy process but you must be attentive to detail. I practiced on a phone case first before doing the pistol frame. I messed up on it because I forgot to dip it at an angle and bubbles formed which caused spotting of my pattern. The polymer pistol frame turned out perfect with one exception. I did have to re-dip the trigger guard area because not enough pattern transferred onto the inner area. I just tapped off the rest of the frame and then re-dipped that area alone.

God Bless,
    Ralph

Fantastic! I bet there are a gazillion women that would love to own that one. Great job!!!

Impressive, attractive and unique. Congrats on a great job. A wonderful multi-generational heirloom.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Looks like a professional job!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling