Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta FS Compact vs Sg 229

I was thinking I need a SMALLER Beretta....however I need to get some self control and step away and save some money. I think I am going to get the 22.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Only own Beretta Cheetahs in 32 and 380.
    Have two 357 Sig P229s.
    The Berettas seem to be ammo sensitive (at least mine)
    Sigs eat anything like candy

I know the capacity thingy about a Sig P220 45.
    But I've got three of them and they are all tack drivers.
    My W German factory nickle plated beauty -

P229 357 Red Box
    If these walls could talk...
    Last edited by Barth; 11-26-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Thread is a couple months old now so perhaps irrelevant, but between the Beretta and Sig, I'd pick the Sig.

I own both, have shot and trained significantly on both and probably more so on the Beretta 92FS / M9 than the Sig. I hold the Sig as a equal or better pistol in every regard;reliability, accuracy, design, ergos. The Beretta might be better if one were going to suppress it but I don't know. Size/weight are on par and irrelevant.

Figure this. Big military got the Beretta, but the SOF community which has greater flexibility went with the Sig. That says something in my view. {Yes, I know they were larger variants of these guns, the M9 and P226, but they are effectively the same.}

I personally do not like slide mounted decockers found on the M9 style pistol. I don't like they way they operate, and it's reported they get in the way and can even inadvertently decock the firearm during a malfunction clearing and racking drill. I can see that and the last thing you'd want to do is mistakenly decock the weapon and put it on safe in the heat of a fight.

The P229 is about as perfect as a hammer gun you'd find (it has peers in that category), and IMO is superior to the Beretta discussed.

I like my Sig and ended up passing on the Beretta.
    "Life Member NRA"

I've owned Beretta 92's, 96's and 84fs Cheetahs. I've owned a Sig 220 and have shot the 226 and 229. I'll stick with the Beretta's. Handle better, shoot better, better grip. Want the best hammer gun? H&K gets the nod.................

With all the guns I now own, The only one I am now interested in now is the P320-M18. More advancements, shoot it better and handles better and more versatile. And I have always been a Beretta Fan. Just moving on. That said, the Beretta APX is one hell of a nice pistol and for the cost difference, might be a better option. They are excellent firearms with all the latest advancements and smooth shooting gun. And I am a big fan of Modular systems which the APX is.
    Each to his own.

I like Beretta's and Sigs.
    "Life Member NRA"