Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somethings changed P380

Default Somethings changed P380

HI, I have not posted in a while but I check out the site regularly. I have had my P380 for about 7 years. It runs great after 3 trips back and a new frame and a Lakeline striker. I realized I had not cleaned or shot in a while (I can shoot in the back yard) and I was about 3 years on my recoil springs. I ordered a new set. I have seen the posts about people having trouble installing the springs. I thought these people must be very weak as I have never had any trouble. Shot a box, cleaned the gun and went to install the new springs and everything came to a stop. The new inner spring was 1 inch longer and the new outer spring was 3/4 inch longer than my old springs. My old springs maybe have 300 rounds total. I can say with total confidence that the springs being sold by Kahr today are stronger than what was sold 3-7 years ago. I did get them installed but they seem VERY strong. Did I miss something? Thanks, Dan

Since it’s incarnation that little pistol has seen a few changes. Mine is more than ten years old an RAxxxx vintage. I have a quart ziplock full of recoil springs. There has been many different iterations, way too many to discuss here. Different wire diameters, ID and OD sizes, coil count.

Do you agree that what is being sold now is the strongest in history of the P380?

I don’t have what is being sold now so I have nothing to compair.

Thanks for your response DJK11. While I can't say anything about the last three years I CAN say they are stronger than any I have ever got in the last 7 years. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    Thanks for your response DJK11. While I can't say anything about the last three years I CAN say they are stronger than any I have ever got in the last 7 years. Dan
    I recently went through the ordeal of replacing recoil springs on my CW380. I had to put them on a machine screw and leave them compressed for a few days to get them to install. They were a LOT longer than the ones I replaced.

I'd agree that they are stronger.. and they don't wear out as fast as they used to. IMHO
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I'd agree that they are stronger.. and they don't wear out as fast as they used to. IMHO

Thank you topgun1953, I think, since they are SO strong, I will run a test to make sure the gun works as it should since I carry this all day every day. Unless I am in bed I have my P380 on me. Thanks, Dan

I let them sit in the gun for a week. Shot 6 shots of +P Buffalo Bore and recleaned. The springs had shrunk a bunch and were fairly easy to reinstall. Still harder than my old springs. I still carry the Buffalo Bore +P 90 grain hollow point. I know they are now old school now but I have a bunch of them. I would not want to shoot 50 of them at one time. I also would not want to be shot center mass from 10 feet with one. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    ...I can say with total confidence that the springs being sold by Kahr today are stronger than what was sold 3-7 years ago. I did get them installed but they seem VERY strong. Did I miss something? Thanks, Dan
    I don’t like to mention it but we’re all 3 years older... might have something to do with it.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899