Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: New AOM130 feed issues

Default New AOM130 feed issues

First time at range I had feed and eject issues. Releasing bolt would either not fully strip the cartridge from the mag, or the bolt would not fully chamber the round requiring a bolt assist action. When a round fired it may or may not eject.

I took it home, cleaned and lubed it. No change.

I am using the Korean surplus ammo, 15 rd factory mag, and a 30 rd KCI mag. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

First thing I would try is some quality name brand preferably American made ammo. At least at first to break the thing in.
    The ammo is even still available at least around these parts.
    Could be the Korean stuff is not up to full power and might be a bit crude dimension to cycle properly. It might work after you run the gun some.
    We have heard of early feeding issues so I could be wrong. I'd start with small quantities and see if it works.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have 100 rds of American Eagle on order. I have always had good luck with AE/Federal. I don't believe it's the ammo, as I have read numerous posts where there are similar FTF & FTE issues. We'll see. I'm going to solicit responses regarding the suitability of the Korean ammo. Iv'e seen positive posts, but I'll do my own query.

Thanks

Followup: I received the Federal ammo and gave it a whirl. Same exact behavior. I now have another email into service. I'm hoping they can just send me a new spring or something, as I'm sure they've encountered this before.

Followup: Well, I notified Kahr about the failures with the Federal ammo, so they told me to send it back to them. They test fired it with Hornady ammo, and said it performed fine. They even shared a video of them firing it. I asked them if they could test it with Federal ammo, but after they couldn't obtain any (ammo shortage), I had them return the weapon to me. I tested the carbine and made a video of the test. The first round chambered, fired and ejected. After that, the rounds wouldn't chamber correctly. I spoke with a gunsmith on the phone about it, and he suggested that the chamber might need to be reamed, as when I attempted to manually drop a round in the chamber, it would not fit. I am in the process of trying to find a gunsmith in Idaho that I can take it to. Needless to say my frustration level is rising. I have yet to be able to fire a full magazine thru my brand new carbine.

I am providing a link to my test video in the hopes that someone more familiar with this weapon might have a few suggestions. This is not my first semi-auto. And I had no problems like this in boot with the M14 and M!6. I am 70 and a little slower, so bear with me during the video.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/aBceKoqgDh5Jp79P7

Latest update: I took the carbine to a gunsmith. He said that in his opinion it was poorly machined. He attempted to reem the chamber but he was having difficulty. He is currently attempting to get an RMA from Kahr and send it back for work to correct the issues. It may wind up that it would be cheaper to buy a new carbine!

Thats sad that you have gone thru all this. Hoping they can get the thing running properly.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Update: After the gunsmith shipped it off to Kahr, the finally fixed it! The gunsmith said they replaced the barrel and machined the chamber. They acknowledged my original complaint, and fixed it 11 months after my original purchase. The Korean ammo works great in it now. Thanks Kahr for finally doing right by a customer.

Glad to hear it's up and running. Happy ending.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan