Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New K9, odd question to ask y’all - Update: going back to Kahr, see comment

Default New K9, odd question to ask y’all - Update: going back to Kahr, see comment

Hey folks, got my K9. Happy, slide to frame fit isn’t the tightest and rattles without a loaded mag but it is what it is. Mostly side to side at the muzzle

So here’s my question: on the top of my slide, there’s a tiny ball of metal. It’s not an indent, it’s a little ball of metal near the rear sight that you can see and feel. I tried scratching it with fingernails, tried wiping it, nothing. It’s exactly like a ball of solder/spatter got on the slide. Recommendations? Of course I don’t want to use metal to scratch it off and scratch the slide but I’m at a loss right now!

I’ll try to post a pic here soon but it’s what it sounds like, a ball of metal near the rear sight. It’s difficult because it’s small to show up on camera but easily seen and felt by eye.

last thing, any mag I have with the extended plastic baseplate (the big plastic extension, not the stock 7 rd K9 extension) doesn’t seat and if it does, I have to press it in the mag well fairly hard. With the slide back, it slides right in but when it’s forward, the extended 8 mag barely goes in if at all

here’s some pics. Again, small but super noticeable as it’s metal: https://ibb.co/DYqXLbH
    Last edited by rms2324; 12-01-2020 at 01:48 PM.

zit.

Probably an illusion, but is the rear sight drifted way left?

I checked, just an illusion, it looks like it in the pic. It might be off by the absolute slightest hair, I’m talking 1/128 of an inch but I could be just seeing things

any way to get rid of this “zit”?

Looks like a tiny flaw. You can ignore it or knock it down I guess. As one who owns a flawed, (blemished), K9, don't let it bother you... life's too short.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Looks like a tiny flaw. You can ignore it or knock it down I guess. As one who owns a flawed, (blemished), K9, don't let it bother you... life's too short.
    no you’re right, it’s so tiny, the only reason I noticed is because, well, I’m me and it’s a new gun lol. gives it character

That's Kahr's holster retention option. You didn't have to pay more for that?

How's the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    That's Kahr's holster retention option. You didn't have to pay more for that?

How's the trigger.
    sorry, what’s Kahr’s holster retention option? Cant tell if you’re joking lol, Never heard of that. And the trigger is great

Looks like a blemish. If it bothers you, you can try contacting Kahr's warranty department. It might not be worth it, IMO, but I get wanting better QC from manufacturers.

My 20 year old K9's slide also wiggles when unloaded (bought new, still shoot it and carry it on occasion). It hasn't made a difference in the accuracy or function that I noticed... it might even be better for reliability, I don't know. I think my newer T40 also has some wiggle. It shouldn't make a difference.

If it makes you feel any better, all of my plastic firearms (HK, S&W, FN, Kahr) and some of my steel firearms (S&W, Kimber, Kahr) have a little wiggle in them, too. The only one that doesn't is my M9. I have had no issues with accuracy or reliability with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    sorry, what’s Kahr’s holster retention option? Cant tell if you’re joking lol, Never heard of that. And the trigger is great
    jk, or poor attempt at jk.

I think you might let Kahr Quality know, as a favor. Too bad when the customer has to be the final inspector.

I love a good Kahr trigger!

Update to everyone: the gun is going back to Kahr, they’re sending me a shipping label. The back slide plate is unbelievably dented/scratched, there’s a big ol scratch across the K9 logo, the metal ball, and pronounced scratches in the rear slide channel/dovetail with indents/scratches on the rear sights.

I’ll post some pics when I’m home but QC was definitely not a priority for this particular gun! Lol. I’ll have to wait another month (or more) for the gun to get back but hey, at least it’s fixed. Kahrs customer service was great, big thanks to Mark in the technical service department

pics, not the best but they were taken quickly: https://ibb.co/0BHJPK0