Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BassCliff's new CW9

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Welcome, glad you found us. Just line up the marks and tap the off side of that slide lock lever with a screw driver handle or a soft face hammer. Just a little tap to start and then it will pull right out. Not need to pry.
    Probably have to do that, that initial little movement is kind of hard as it should be.
    Thank you! Yes, now that I've had the slide off a few times, shot it, and cleaned it a couple of times the gun is starting to loosen up. I can now "grab it like a Glock" to line up the marks and the tab behind the slide stop, push the pin with my thumb to get it started, then pull the lever out the other side. Field stripping it after shooting it this weekend was much easier than the first time. I'm impressed with this little pistol.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Instead of trying to swap the slide release to the other side, just teach your wife to sling shot the slide. I know the manual says to use the release, but sling shotting it is always more secure as long as you pull the slide and your hand apart and don't let your hand ride the slide forward.

Driver's side mag release is tailor made for a lefty to use their index finger. Probably faster than using a thumb too.

Oh and welcome!

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Instead of trying to swap the slide release to the other side, just teach your wife to sling shot the slide. I know the manual says to use the release, but sling shotting it is always more secure as long as you pull the slide and your hand apart and don't let your hand ride the slide forward.

Driver's side mag release is tailor made for a lefty to use their index finger. Probably faster than using a thumb too.

Oh and welcome!
    I'm sorry, I mis-spoke. I meant to say 'mag release'. I wasn't too worried about swapping the slide stop/release, just the mag eject button. Indeed, she can rack the slide, no problem. After a mag swap she'll rip that slide into battery like nobody's business. She will just need to practice the mag eject with her left hand. She says that's always been her lot in life, being a lefty in a right-hand world. I also tend to use the index or middle finger of my shooting (right) hand for mag eject because the button on my XD9 is not positioned well for my thumb. I'm sure with a little more practice Mrs. BassCliff will get quite proficient.

BassCliff
    Last edited by BassCliff; 12-08-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Hey bud, can I ask what price you paid for yours new? I’m looking at purchasing one as well, thank you

Red face

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Hey bud, can I ask what price you paid for yours new? I’m looking at purchasing one as well, thank you
    These handguns used to be REALLY affordable but prices have gone up due to the dempanic, supply and demand, etc. I bought this one online for $474.99. Added to that is shipping, processing fees, DROS, FFL, etc. Still, it was worth it to know that Mrs. BassCliff can use it to protect herself. She loves it. Maybe she'll let me shoot it the next time we're at the range. If you can find one in a local gun shop the price may be better. Seems they sold originally for $350-ish.

BassCliff

Quote Originally Posted by BassCliff View Post
    Hi,

I haven't even had the chance to shoot it yet. My wife was having too much fun with it at the range last weekend. She loves everything about this pistol except for the fact that there's nothing left handed about it. She's getting used to manipulating the slide, slide stop, magazine release, etc, as best she can. It'll take practice. I wonder if it's possible to move the slide release to the other side? I'll ask in another part of the forum. Thanks for the welcome.

I really like the Shooter Lube products.

I have some Hoppe's in my range bag but I tend to favor the Shooter Lube. Non-toxic, non-flammable, no odor, bio-degradable, etc. Here's a link to the oil: https://www.shooterlube.com/products...me-weapons-oil and the solvent/cleaner is great too: https://www.shooterlube.com/collecti...=8714417012846 They sell the kit with a bottle of both for about twenty bucks. It should be good for a few hundred cleanings. OK, I'll stop being a fanboy. (Yeah, I even bought the t-shirt.)

BassCliff
    I think we are past due for an oil thread. Who agrees?

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    I think we are past due for an oil thread. Who agrees?
    If it's anything like an oil thread on my motorcycle forum, I'll pass.

BassCliff

Welcome to Kahrtalk BassCliff, this is a real nice place and you will like it here....Glad you are teaching your daughter about shooting and I'm sure she will be thrilled with the .22 SA revolver which is an excellent choice for a new shooter....Sorry but there is no way to move the slide stop over to accommodate a left handed shooter but she will adept, most left handed people are more ambidextrous than right handed folks and she will learn to deal with the inconvenience of the controls....Glad you found us and if you have any questions at all there are many folks here that can help out.....Thanks for posting and let us know how the new pistol shoots....Good luck

Wink

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Welcome to Kahrtalk BassCliff, this is a real nice place and you will like it here....Glad you are teaching your daughter about shooting and I'm sure she will be thrilled with the .22 SA revolver which is an excellent choice for a new shooter....Sorry but there is no way to move the slide stop over to accommodate a left handed shooter but she will adept, most left handed people are more ambidextrous than right handed folks and she will learn to deal with the inconvenience of the controls....Glad you found us and if you have any questions at all there are many folks here that can help out.....Thanks for posting and let us know how the new pistol shoots....Good luck
    And thank you for the warm welcome. I misspoke earlier. I was hoping to move the magazine release to the other side, not the slide stop. There seems to be a space for it. But it not, she will train and practice enough to overcome the lack of dedicated left hand controls. She did great at her first training session with it. Where do you guys post range reports around here?

BassCliff