Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW9 Broken sight/Kahr service is great!

Thumbs up CW9 Broken sight/Kahr service is great!

Greetings Patriots!

Last Saturday Mrs. BassCliff took her brand new Kahr CW9 to the range for a training session with our instructor. We were learning to draw from holsters and win in a close quarters gun fight. It was a ton of fun! At one point during all the action my wife noticed something different about her gun. It turns out the front site was missing. I don't know if it just came loose and thrown by the recoil or if it was broken off by the holster. We looked but could not find it in the dirt. Here's the pulchritudinous Mrs. BassCliff thoroughly enjoying her new CW9 despite the missing front sight.

It broke off cleanly. When cleaning the gun later I removed the last bits of plastic under the slide. I learned that to remove these sight you just break them off anyway. Installation uses Locktite and a tool to spread the end of the posts when you reinstall.

I called Kahr tech support yesterday and spoke to a very pleasant young lady, Julia, who was ever so helpful. No questions asked she offered to send a new stock front sight right away. As wonderful as that was, I also asked her about an upgraded front sight, possibly trijicon. She said that they no longer offer the trijicon sights for the CW series but the fiber optic front sight was still available. I asked if she would send the front sight along and I'd be happy to purchase the upgraded fiber optic sight. (That way I'll have a spare if something breaks again.) Julia, bless her heart, said to go ahead and order the new sight, put a note on the order to her attention, and she would ship them both together with no shipping costs to me since she was sending the replacement stock sight under warranty. I thought that was really outstanding. Kudos to Kahr service!

Do you guys post range reports on the forum somewhere? Do you like sharing the fun like that? Just curious.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by BassCliff; 12-08-2020 at 02:11 PM.

BassCliff,
    That's an excellent photo of your Missus, thanks for sharing it
    I think you did good upgrading the CW9's front sight. The plastic is long gone from CW9.

I don't have any range photos of my sweetie, but here's a video of her shooting a PMR30 (otherwise she prefers her Colt Mustang XSP):

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Talking

Hi Greg,

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    BassCliff,
    That's an excellent photo of your Missus, thanks for sharing it
    I think you did good upgrading the CW9's front sight. The plastic is long gone from CW9.

I don't have any range photos of my sweetie, but here's a video of her shooting a PMR30 (otherwise she prefers her Colt Mustang XSP):

Regards,
    Greg
    Thank you for the warm welcome. Please call me Cliff. Yes, I'm looking forward to hearing how much Mrs. BassCliff enjoys her new front sight. We'll also practice with her holster more so the new sight doesn't get broken. I'm hoping the fiber optic sight is not plastic. I imagine I'll have to replace the fiber cable itself periodically. Dang, I don't think I have a butane lighter.

Hey! That seems like a big gun for such a petite gal, but she handles it well. OH, I see! She must've been shooting the .22 magnums. There's lots of BANG! there. My youngest daughter will be getting a combo .22LR/.22Mag revolver as a late Christmas present, a Heritage Rough Rider. She's shot Buckmarks for training but I figured for "her" first gun we'd go with the single action revolver.

Where do you guys post your range reports around here?

BassCliff

Lovely wife, lucky guy. My wife of 53 years doesn't like guns and has never fired one.
    Oh well, at least she tolerates my hobby. She didn’t even mind when I took our visiting English lady friend to the local range.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

My wife of 44 years doesn't care for guns or the shooting sports much either....Last year before the China virus happened we went as a family to the local range on the weekend so my oldest son could shoot and sight in his AR 15 and I brought a bunch of target pistols to shoot and when my wife's turn to shoot came up I gave her my Smith 586 revolver loaded with .38 powder puff loads to see what she could do thinking, this is going to be funny, well it wasn't funny when she started drilling the target at 20 foot or so.....I decided right then and there to double down on securing that gun thinking maybe just in case I should happen to come in late some night with no excuse I might be safer.....Lesson here fellows is, maybe it's not a really good idea to teach them to shoot, if you know what I mean....

My best girl guarding the armory.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

And my trophy wife in the back yard.

In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sleep well my friend, your family has your back and the little one which you are very blessed to have should not be trifled with, you can see it in her eyes and you have taught her well......

Nice pictures gentlemen! I need to find a "trophy wife" .
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by BassCliff View Post
    Greetings Patriots!

Last Saturday Mrs. BassCliff took her brand new Kahr CW9 to the range for a training session with our instructor. We were learning to draw from holsters and win in a close quarters gun fight. It was a ton of fun! At one point during all the action my wife noticed something different about her gun. It turns out the front site was missing. I don't know if it just came loose and thrown by the recoil or if it was broken off by the holster. We looked but could not find it in the dirt. Here's the pulchritudinous Mrs. BassCliff thoroughly enjoying her new CW9 despite the missing front sight.

It broke off cleanly. When cleaning the gun later I removed the last bits of plastic under the slide. I learned that to remove these sight you just break them off anyway. Installation uses Locktite and a tool to spread the end of the posts when you reinstall.

I called Kahr tech support yesterday and spoke to a very pleasant young lady, Julia, who was ever so helpful. No questions asked she offered to send a new stock front sight right away. As wonderful as that was, I also asked her about an upgraded front sight, possibly trijicon. She said that they no longer offer the trijicon sights for the CW series but the fiber optic front sight was still available. I asked if she would send the front sight along and I'd be happy to purchase the upgraded fiber optic sight. (That way I'll have a spare if something breaks again.) Julia, bless her heart, said to go ahead and order the new sight, put a note on the order to her attention, and she would ship them both together with no shipping costs to me since she was sending the replacement stock sight under warranty. I thought that was really outstanding. Kudos to Kahr service!

Do you guys post range reports on the forum somewhere? Do you like sharing the fun like that? Just curious.

BassCliff
    What holster is that she’s wearing? I like the inside belt - outside waistband idea but never have been able to get it to work for me.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/