Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BassCliff's XD9 4" Service Model

Talking BassCliff's XD9 4" Service Model

Greetings and Salutations!

I bought Mrs. BassCliff a brand new CW9 and she didn't even let me shoot it at the range last Saturday.

But I didn't mind too much because I have a Springfield Armory XD9 for myself.

I've upgraded it with some SpeedSights, which these old eyes really like. There's trijicon in the front sight.

With these sights your sight picture looks like this.

I've been collecting ammo since I picked up this gun on Sept. 18th. Every store here has limits, prices are creeping up, online ammo prices are insane (plus shipping, plus FFL, etc) but I've managed to collect over 2000 rounds, a variety of FMJ, some factory reloads, along with some self-defense hollow points. You just never know what the store will have in stock when they get their shipment.

I picked up a couple more boxes of Fiocchi after this picture was taken. Since we both shoot 9mm it should simplify hunting and gathering ammo. I'd like to pick up some more SD ammo and keep at least 2000 round of practice ammo as a baseline, replacing what we shoot at the range. We're trying to go at least twice a month, once for training and once for practice. With over ten different kinds of ammo in my stash we'll find out pretty quick if our guns don't like anything. But I'm pretty sure it will all get eaten.

Thanks to all of you who have been so welcoming to this new guy, and old noob. I've picked up a few pointers already in the short time I've been here.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Nice pictures. I’ve got that same XD9. Don’t shoot it much but I like it and got too good of a deal on it to sell it. Picked up a XD45 for a steal price after that and that caused me to get the XDM compact in 45 that shoots really well.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Talking

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Nice pictures. I’ve got that same XD9. Don’t shoot it much but I like it and got too good of a deal on it to sell it. Picked up a XD45 for a steal price after that and that caused me to get the XDM compact in 45 that shoots really well.
    Thanks! I love this pistol. I was first looking for a Glock 17 but when my LGS told me how long it would take to arrive due to the backlog, plus you can't get anything later than a Gen 3 here in California, I was a bit disappointed. That's when the salesguy let me check out the G17 and the XD9 side by side. The XD felt great and has compelling features. I was sold. I would like to pick up an XD45 with a 5" barrel one of these days. I'm just getting started with my little collection and it's hard to fight the GAS. I want it all NOW!

BassCliff
    Last edited by BassCliff; 01-04-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Both are nice guns, so y’all obviously have good taste.
    I didn’t know they were putting the CW9 #plate On the side of the grip now.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Cliff,
    You post some excellent photos, keep'em coming!

I've an XD in .45ACP

It's a big, accurate gun. I like it, but this sees way more carry time:

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I have an XDm in 45. I added a powder River trigger kit and some TruGlo TFO sights. Both were big improvements.
    A couple of suggestions. Excessive dry firing can lead to striker retaining pin breakage. This is the roll pin that is just in front of the rear sights and is driven out from the inside of the slide towards the top. It is consumable and Springfield actually sent me a couple of spares years ago. It is unlikely that one would dry fire enough to cause a problem but Murphy's law and all that. Dummy rounds will prevent this issue from ever happening.
    Secondly, pay attention to your loaded chamber indicator. Crud will get in there and render it less than reliable. Toothbrush as needed.
    Great gun you have and mine is a joy to shoot. I hope you will agree.

Last edited by 340pd; 12-11-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

For me the XD45’s are very accurate. I like those longer slide XD 45s. Both of mine are the 4 inch I think. The nice thing I noticed is the 45 and 9mm can share the same holsters.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I like the look of the speed sights. I wish they made them for Kahrs or CZ75s.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Both are nice guns, so y’all obviously have good taste.
    I didn’t know they were putting the CW9 #plate On the side of the grip now.
    Yup, that's the way it came right out of the box. Only one 7 round magazine was included but I picked up three more 8 round mags. The missus loves her pistol.

BassCliff

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Cliff,
    You post some excellent photos, keep'em coming!

I've an XD in .45ACP

It's a big, accurate gun. I like it, but this sees way more carry time:

Regards,
    Greg
    Hi Greg. I'm hoping to add an XD45 Tactical to my little armory. I should probably pick up something that's easier to carry and conceal too. But I won't worry much about that until I actually get my CCW. It's a long, complicated process out here on the Left Coast.

BassCliff