Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BassCliff's XD9 4" Service Model

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    I have an XDm in 45. I added a powder River trigger kit and some TruGlo TFO sights. Both were big improvements.
    A couple of suggestions. Excessive dry firing can lead to striker retaining pin breakage. This is the roll pin that is just in front of the rear sights and is driven out from the inside of the slide towards the top. It is consumable and Springfield actually sent me a couple of spares years ago. It is unlikely that one would dry fire enough to cause a problem but Murphy's law and all that. Dummy rounds will prevent this issue from ever happening.
    Secondly, pay attention to your loaded chamber indicator. Crud will get in there and render it less than reliable. Toothbrush as needed.
    Great gun you have and mine is a joy to shoot. I hope you will agree.

Yes! I do agree! It's a nice pistol. We use snap caps when we are dry fire practicing, just to be cautious. I'm seriously thinking about a laser system too. Then we can actually practice our marksmanship also.

I'm aware of the striker retaining pin. You can pick them up cheap. I do a lot of perusing over at ***********. There's a bunch of good folk over there too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    For me the XD45’s are very accurate. I like those longer slide XD 45s. Both of mine are the 4 inch I think. The nice thing I noticed is the 45 and 9mm can share the same holsters.
    That's good to know. Thanks! Now I just have to think of an excuse to buy a .45.

BassCliff

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I like the look of the speed sights. I wish they made them for Kahrs or CZ75s.
    I'm really enjoying them. Those big diamonds are easier to see and line up. Why don't we send some emails to SpeedSights and ask if they are considering expanding their product line to the Kahr?

BassCliff