Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop

Thread: Newest find. Canik TP9 Elite SC

Default Newest find. Canik TP9 Elite SC

Just purchased a pistol I'd been on the lookout for; a Canik TP9 Elite SC, the sub-compact version of the Elite model. Ever since I bought a Canik TP9 sfx, about two years ago, the gun has been impressive in every way, and become a favorite. It also opened my eyes, (no pun intended), to the use of micro red dot sights on pistols. Between old age and diabetes my eyes just aren't what they used to be. The Elite models come standard with a slide cut to accommodate the red dot. I've ordered a Sig Romeo Zero to go with this new gun. In the meantime it will sport a green laser, another accessory I've really come to appreciate.

Here she is...

After much fondling and an initial range visit to shoot, I can't help but to compare this gun to my beloved HK P2000SK, which is perhaps my favorite gun of all. The two guns are very similar in many ways. The Canik has a nice trigger with a very short re-set. It handled several different brands of ammo and did well with some soft shooting 150 gr. range fodder. The iron sights are a blackout rear and a iridescent white dot front. Excellent to do some slow target shooting. Can't wait to get the red dot on it.

Out of the box the gun was reliable. The other Canik has been perfect, so I expect it's little sibling to be as well. The grip is nice and there is a second back strap to customize it a bit. The 12 round mag offers a full size grip feel and the standard 15 round mag really offers a full size grip.

The pistol is a bit wide but the overall size is conducive to carry use. The controls are all easy to reach. Except for the changeable mag release the gun is ambidextrous as is. Fit and finish is top notch. If one is looking for a high capacity, quality, carry sized gun this Canik is certainly one to consider. Good enough to run with HK and that is high praise.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Nice report. Once again, we agree on favorite gun of all. I definitely would have an issue with the trigger, but it's an interesting looking firearm, the way it's laid out function wise. If you say that it's a bit wide, it must be wide. My H&K is about as wide as I would want to go. I also prefer the H&K mag release. It's always nice to have a new tool, isn't it?????????????????????

I love my TP9 SFX. A lot of gun for a very reasonable price. And a tack driver to boot. A standard 20 round mag boggles my mind, I got a couple flush 18 rounders just for grins.

Always on the prowl for new toys, I'll have to keep eyes open for one of these.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

This is why I compare to the HK. Siblings to be sure. Different dads maybe.

I really like HK triggers but this Canik trigger is quite good.

The dimensions are all close. The width of the HK is 1.37" Vs the Canik at 1.46". Both a bit chubby, but then again, so am I.
    The Canik barrel is a bit longer at 3.6", a third of an inch over the HK.

I'm still a HK fanboy. but these are impressive guns to shoot. Well worth the time to investigate, especially at the price point these come to.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Cool Hk

Damn why do I come here again - LOL!
    Love the micro laser
    Glad you like the Canik and it looks nice.
    Everyone knows I'm a Hk guy to the bone.
    My P2000SK is my most carried handgun.
    Bought in V2 LEM 40 S&W trim.
    Converted to V1 Light LEM with a nickle plated flat sear spring.
    Hk45c extended mag release.
    The added an OEM 357 Sig Barrel and SX Big Dot NS.
    It's loaded with hot Underwood 125 gr GDHPs @ 1,475 fps...

Last edited by Barth; 12-17-2020 at 11:21 AM.

In .40 cal. with XS Big Dots, oversize mag release, and V3 DA/SA. I don't know if I would call myself an H&K fanboy, but they do make some of the nicest firearms on the planet. If I had my druthers about where to look for a semi auto firearm, and cost was no worry, H&K would be the first place I would look. Maybe that does qualify as a "fan boy".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by berettabone; 12-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.