Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For the aviation nuts

My dad led the investigation of the disappearance of a PBY over the Formosa Strait in 1958. Never found the crew and US Army passengers.
    Dad guessed the Chicoms shot it down, as I recall. It was the same plane he had previously ridden from Taipei over to the island of Quemoy close to the mainland.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

It was a “Cold War” but it suffered many, many casualties.
    God bless those who watch from the skies and try and keep our freedom one step ahead of our enemies plans.

Peace
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

Our reconnaissance aircraft and ships always had dangerous missions. The USS Liberty was attacked by Israel and the North Koreans attacked and captured the USS Pueblo, too. Though I was in the USAF Security Service, the guys on those ships were our brothers, not just the others lost on our unarmed aircraft.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Planedude View Post
    It was a “Cold War” but it suffered many, many casualties.
    God bless those who watch from the skies and try and keep our freedom one step ahead of our enemies plans.

Peace
    Here, this is kinda fun.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Col...ram%20Overview

This is a link to get your duly earned Cold War Certifificate. I got mine, pretty cool, suitable for framing.

I also have a Cold War Vet hat that I wear every Veteran's Day. I'm a Vietnam Vet (four campaign stars) and proud of that but we won the Cold War.

I've seen guys post theirs online... Facebook and so on, but don't see the point. I didn't even add the OLC on my longevity ribbon as I never expected to wear my uniform again. I have my memories and my medals and my ribbons... and my wife. We served together in Germany guarding against Eastern Block invasions and I spent a lot of time on alert before and after that in the B-52's. I even dragged my wife into SAC up at Loring AFB for 4 years or so. My commissioned time was "peacetime"... Cold War.

IMG_5712.jpg
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

[QUOTE=wyntrout;420903]I've seen guys post theirs online... Facebook and so on, but don't see the point...

Pointless, just kinda fun.