Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady k

Default Lady k

When were the lady k’s discontinued and how many were made?

My best guess;

The Lady Kahr spanned the time when the K9 frame transitioned from the flat "slab" side to the current contoured frame. Discontinued some time after that. They were early production, maybe 1996 to 1998 or thereabouts. There are very few of them out there so one can assume their numbers are in the hundreds, and fairly rare. More rare than the T9.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    My best guess;

The Lady Kahr spanned the time when the K9 frame transitioned from the flat "slab" side to the current contoured frame. Discontinued some time after that. They were early production, maybe 1996 to 1998 or thereabouts. There are very few of them out there so one can assume their numbers are in the hundreds, and fairly rare. More rare than the T9.
    I'd never heard that Kahr made a feminized version of their K model. I did a search and it seems the only difference was a lighter recoil spring? I did a search on the Kahr website for "Lady K recoil spring" and didn't have a hit. Since I only reload "mouse flatulance" light loads, I wonder what weight the lady spring is?

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    I'd never heard that Kahr made a feminized version of their K model. I did a search and it seems the only difference was a lighter recoil spring? I did a search on the Kahr website for "Lady K recoil spring" and didn't have a hit. Since I only reload "mouse flatulance" light loads, I wonder what weight the lady spring is?
    I've seen where people have written that the Lady K9 had a 16 lbs. recoil spring, others wrote it was 18 lbs.
    Wolff sells an 18 lbs. spring, calling it "Reduced Power": https://www.gunsprings.com/KAHR%20AR...1/mID29/dID340
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    I've seen where people have written that the Lady K9 had a 16 lbs. recoil spring, others wrote it was 18 lbs.
    Wolff sells an 18 lbs. spring, calling it "Reduced Power": https://www.gunsprings.com/KAHR%20AR...1/mID29/dID340
    Regards,
    Greg
    I have one of those (18lb). Picked it up a little while ago but not too confident to install it. Couldn't find much written in this regard. OEM spring does cycle my reloads pretty well. Somes issues recently because I usually use grease and it is *cold* on the range. Oil helps that.

I plan to install the 18#er now and see how it runs. If this works out I'll be the first to have an Arthritic K. And no, I won't engrave the slide with that.

Dave

Anyone know how many lady k’s were made?

Quote Originally Posted by Red angus View Post
    Anyone know how many lady k’s were made?
    Yes, and further to that, I wonder how many PM9 Black Roses were made? I can imagine that it was a really attractive handgun! If anyone here might have one and wouldn't mind posting a photo, I'd really like to see it.

Does Kahr Arms have a historian on staff? Not that Roy Jinks is looking for a job or anything.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Yes, and further to that, I wonder how many PM9 Black Roses were made? I can imagine that it was a really attractive handgun! If anyone here might have one and wouldn't mind posting a photo, I'd really like to see it.

Does Kahr Arms have a historian on staff? Not that Roy Jinks is looking for a job or anything.

Cool It's good to be Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I prefer my MK40 Elite

When is the K45 Elite on the way?
    I want a Covert 45 ACP Kahr right now.
    Bring it home and i'm in...