Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PM4543N Packed

After all the food I feel packed.

I cycled five live rounds through the gun manually. It has gotten much easier to rack, no longer need to push the muzzle against something. All five rounds chambered and ejected normally. The ejector doesn't stick out quite as much as it does with the cap, I'm thinking the rim, or the base, forward of the rim might be a hair bigger around than a real round, causing the ejector to stick out further from the slide. Given that the slide is now movable by hand with both a live round and the new snap cap I'm sure it just needs to be brought to the range and allowed to feed, fire, and eject some rounds to get it to the point where it is completely normal.

Of the Kahrs that I still have, the S9, MK40 Elite, and the PM45 are labeled as packed. The MK9 Elite 2000, the P380, and the PM9 do not. Of the three that do, they are all fairly new purchases, bought new though I have not checked for born on dates for them. I can't remember if the two P380's, PM40, and P40 that I have traded away said packed or not. The S9 only came with two 7rd mags, so perhaps packed means the maximum number of packaged mags that would be available for a specific model, at the particular time that model is sold?

Might just mean it's all in the box ready to ship too. Lock, mags etc.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

True, it might!

I’m going with Bawanna’s assumption. Why would it be in reference to magazines. What about the extractor being a LCI?

Arent' they all essentially LCI? Even if not visual I've always been able to feel the extractor on my Kahrs to know if a round was chambered or not. Are the kommi state guns' extractors somehow different? That's an honest question, because I don't know.

I did give some thought to the Colonel's suggestion. Why would a manufacturer put a sticker on a gun with the word packed, to indicate it was ready to be shipped, when just leaving a sticker off would indicate the opposite and so in that situation any sticker on the box would let them know it was ready to go out?

Took the gun to the range today. Put 50rds of 230gr ball and 14rds of 200gr Hornady XTP HPs through it. No issues at all with the ball ammo and just a few instances of the gun not going all the way into battery with the SD rounds. It does like to send the spent casings into my head but that doesn't bother me. I wear glasses all the time anyway to no worries about taking one to the eye in an SD situation. I shot at 8yds today and my groups were not great but given that I fired all but 6rds with my left hand I was happy with the 6" groups I managed. I've developed tennis elbow in my right arm. It's getting a little better after a month of exercise but I've started buying LH holsters just in case, and today was my first time shooting left handed, ever. At least with pistols. I bat, and shoot rifles left handed and am probably a natural lefty for most things, though I eat and write right handed and am pretty much ambidextrous with most things. But I'm left eye dominant.
    My right handed pistol shooting came about because my first handgun was a Beretta 70s with the left side grip that had a shelf for the thumb. Not comfortable at all to shoot left handed. And being somewhat ambi myself it was not hard to start shooting it with my right hand and sticking with that even after I started buying other pistols. I can't shoot a rifle right handed though because I can't close my left eye with my right eye open. So, all that to say I did pretty well shooting today with my off hand and have no qualms about carrying on that side if my right arm doesn't improve. And some of the failures to go into battery could have been the result of limp wristing unintentionally with my new strong hand.
    As for the gun, I like it a lot. I mean I really like it a lot. The recoil is stout but not painful at all and honestly I don't think it's as snappy as my MK40, or at least no more so. I'd have to shoot them side by side to be sure but I was very pleased with this little heater today. I'll be keeping it for a long time to come.

Mine will eject into my head/face if I get sloppy with my grip. Otherwise it doesn't happen. Might just need to tighten up that grip a bit.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that's exactly what I'm doing wrong Colonel. Even though I shot it tolerably well it still feels very foreign in that hand.

Your a better man than I. My left hand is just cosmetic or for balance. I shoot with it now and then but I don't shoot good with it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan