Tommy Gun   Xssights   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kahr Customer Service turn-around time?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kahr Customer Service turn-around time?

Hi folks! My K9 is at Kahr, was curious what the turn-around time is usually. I’ve seen anywhere from 1-5 weeks, I’m currently going on 4 weeks.

Thanks for your time

It varies considerable depending on how busy they are but also what the issue is. My K40 long ago required a new slide and there were not any in the repair line so they were waiting to make more. I asked for a stainless instead of a blued and got the gun back 2 days later.

I am very impatient myself, I'd see no harm in sending an email and asking the status, I prefer that over a phone call not only cause I'm deaf and can't hear on a phone but that allows them to answer at their convenience and not put on the spot.

I'd say at week four it shouldn't be much longer.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    It varies considerable depending on how busy they are but also what the issue is. My K40 long ago required a new slide and there were not any in the repair line so they were waiting to make more. I asked for a stainless instead of a blued and got the gun back 2 days later.

I am very impatient myself, I'd see no harm in sending an email and asking the status, I prefer that over a phone call not only cause I'm deaf and can't hear on a phone but that allows them to answer at their convenience and not put on the spot.

I'd say at week four it shouldn't be much longer.
    I had to doublecheck but this Friday, January 1st will be 4 weeks so I was a bit off. Hopefully it’ll get sent out this week. They said 4-5 weeks so they were upfront which I appreciate. If there’s no news by the end of this week I may shoot them an email

I’m assuming you’ll be notified by email/text when the gun is shipped back out?

Actually that notification quite often doesn't happen. I've only had to send back that one time and it was returned to my PD at the time. Others report it arriving at their home unannounced.
    This may have improved by now, been awhile since it's been brought up.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Actually that notification quite often doesn't happen. I've only had to send back that one time and it was returned to my PD at the time. Others report it arriving at their home unannounced.
    This may have improved by now, been awhile since it's been brought up.
    Wait, what? At your PD? How in God’s name did that happen? I want to hear the story if you don’t mind

I worked at the PD. Sent it in from the PD. LE generally goes to the front of the line and the gun is always returned to the address from where it was shipped. I should have clarified that.
    I'm retired now so no longer able to do that.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I worked at the PD. Sent it in from the PD. LE generally goes to the front of the line and the gun is always returned to the address from where it was shipped. I should have clarified that.
    I'm retired now so no longer able to do that.
    Into this 5Th week now, really hoping it’s sent out

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Into this 5Th week now, really hoping it’s sent out
    Don't forget to factor in holidays, covid, lost packages, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Don't forget to factor in holidays, covid, lost packages, and so on.
    I understand, I started counting the Monday after they got it. Into the 6th week now... taking a minute I must say

You must certainly have it by now.