Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace

Thread: Eagle 44 L5 Recoil Spring Question

Default Eagle 44 L5 Recoil Spring Question

Question for those more knowledgeable than I...so probably all of you since I just picked up my first Desert Eagle.

Recently picked up a DE44L5IMB for a good price. It had been neglected. So, I disassembled, cleaned, and installed a new Magnum Research spring kit since it would not go to battery by itself and I have no idea of round count.

Following reassembly I quickly realized that the slide would not move back far enough to chamber a round. I noticed the new recoil springs were longer than the old recoil springs.

Question is, did I use the incorrect spring kit? The one I used is the DEP211BL for 41/44 DEP. I cannot seem to find a different kit.
    https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/gu...t-dep211bl.asp

Probably a rookie mistake, but what am I missing here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The L5 does use a different spring kit for sure... I don't have an L5, but I have read of this before. I don't have a part number, but if you call Magnum Research at (218-746-3459), they can get you the correct springs. It definitely isn't the set for the 41/44. It will be L5 Only.

If you do get a part number, I would appreciate you posting it here for reference. Good luck!

MrBlackCat

Curious about this as well...

Any follow - up?