Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virus

Getsome, medical is ridiculous. Try breaking your back and spending a month in the hospital with neurosurgeons and therapists. Fortunately I was working and state Labor and Industries covered and still covers it, but the bills were insane.

Had a little bump taken out of my brain, that was only a week in neuro intensive care, the bill was just as much, fortunately had good insurance on that one too. Off work for 6 months on that one too. Do not want to go there again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My wifey's best friend dealt with a bout of breast cancer. The bill was over a million dollars including prescriptions.

When my twin grandkids were born 3 months prematurely 28 years ago (1 lb. 13 ounces each) and spent that much more time in the hospital neonatal unit, the total bill was just shy on $1,000,000.

When my middle son sliced his leg open with a power tool and severed his femoral artery 10 years ago, his five day hospital stay bill was $70,000.

When I had my last heart attack (2018), the hospital bill was $120,000. Dang near had another one when I saw the final tally.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Understand this is a business. Doctors and hospitals collect only a fraction of what they bill as insurance and the government are locked into a schedule. The rest is written off and the tax man loses.
    Hospitals and doctors also treat a very large number of patients for free and those costs too are inflated and written off.
    My sons neighbor in TX is a heart surgeon and a couple of years ago I asked him what Medicare paid him for running a camera up your artery into your heart to check for problems. (sorry I forgot the name of the procedure).
    He told me at the time, Medicare paid $150. I responded with, what about the additional supplementary Blue Cross payment? He said they added another $16.
    I asked the same of my dentist. I had been paying just over $200 per teeth cleaning x twice per year. I now have insurance that costs me $70/month for me an my wife but covers two cleanings per year for each of us. All other costs are completely covered up to $1000/year BUT my dentist has to bill us exactly what he bills the insurance company which saves us well over 40% for a particular procedure. Again, the dentist said he writes off the excess lost charges.
    Looks to me the winners here are the tax accountants and lawyers who lobby for all this crap.
    "Never pet a burning dog"