Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BassCliff's New Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR

Wink BassCliff's New Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR

Greetings Patriots!

Yes, I wanted to get a little cowboy six-shooter to plink at the range and let my daughter have something that she could call her own. It will be good for her to learn guns safety and usage. I picked it up yesterday from one of my favorite FFLs.

I noticed this LGS had some .22WMR in stock so I picked up 50 rounds. We've got a brick of 800 .22LR but I also wanted to try the bigger bang. When I arrived home Mrs. BassCliff was out front getting the mail. It looks like I got a big letter from Hornady too. Oh boy! It had sales brochures and a big poster of ammunition types. Great! I need new decorations on the wall in my home office.

I picked up a new nylon brush too. After all, there are three pistols to clean now. This is the 4.75" model that includes the .22WMR cylinder. Let's see what's in the box.

I think she's kind of cute. I had to look up cocobolo to find out if it was real wood. Then I immediately took it apart to clean and practice swapping cylinders.

This is going to be a fun little pistol. It's single action so the pace will be leisurely when we use it at the range. Now I have to get a picture with our entire "arsenal" all together.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by BassCliff; 01-09-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Went to a local sporting goods store today and they had exactly 6 guns. 2 of them were just like yours and I was tempted but didn’t get one. It looks like a fun gun.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Coco Bolo is a fan favorite wood, I've whittled a ton of it. For awhile I had red in the lines of my hands and my shirt collar from Coco Bolo sawdust. In it's raw form it's actually toxic a little bit, but it sure is pretty and makes a real fine grip.

Big difference between 22LR and 22 Mag. I managed to get a couple boxes of 22 mag a couple weeks ago, I got lots of LR, about 6000 accumulated over the years, I need to start shooting it more.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi Guys,

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Went to a local sporting goods store today and they had exactly 6 guns. 2 of them were just like yours and I was tempted but didn’t get one. It looks like a fun gun.
    Can you see the pictures OK? Hmmm, I was on one of my devices and could not see them. But they show up on my computer just fine. Anyway, yes! I'm looking forward to making this one go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Coco Bolo is a fan favorite wood, I've whittled a ton of it. For awhile I had red in the lines of my hands and my shirt collar from Coco Bolo sawdust. In it's raw form it's actually toxic a little bit, but it sure is pretty and makes a real fine grip.

Big difference between 22LR and 22 Mag. I managed to get a couple boxes of 22 mag a couple weeks ago, I got lots of LR, about 6000 accumulated over the years, I need to start shooting it more.
    Cocobolo is new to me, but I like it. I'm going to have to find a cheaper supply of 22mag. The brick of .22LR I picked up last week was about 8¢ a round, $65 for 800 rounds. Why should .22mag be 40¢? Maybe the big box stores I frequent will have a little better price. But these are inconvenient times.

BassCliff

Quote Originally Posted by BassCliff View Post
    Can you see the pictures OK? Hmmm, I was on one of my devices and could not see them. But they show up on my computer just fine. Anyway, yes! I'm looking forward to making this one go bang.
    I'm on a desktop computer and I can't see them.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by 68Firebird View Post
    I'm on a desktop computer and I can't see them.
    Thanks for letting me know. I tweaked some permissions. Reload the page and let me know. These darn computer-y things can be finicky.

BassCliff

I have had one for about 10 yrs now, fun Plinker. I would like to get the new Bar Keep as well or his one with the Birds head grip.

Bar Keep

I like that birdshead. Am partial to those, and miss the little Bearcat Shopkeeper I gifted to my grandson earlier this year.
    Might look for one of the Heritage versions.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by BassCliff View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I tweaked some permissions. Reload the page and let me know. These darn computer-y things can be finicky.

BassCliff
    Yes, I see them now on both my desktop and iPad.

Hi guys,

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    I have had one for about 10 yrs now, fun Plinker. I would like to get the new Bar Keep as well or his one with the Birds head grip.

Bar Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I like that birdshead. Am partial to those, and miss the little Bearcat Shopkeeper I gifted to my grandson earlier this year.
    Might look for one of the Heritage versions.
    Yes, I like the look of that grip too! The short barrel models are cool. I love the whole vintage vibe of the Heritage products. I've been checking out all their offerings at heritagemfg.com and they have some fun firearms at good prices, larger bore too. I'm looking at a holster for my daughter. I'm sure she'd enjoy carrying her pistol at the range. 😉

BassCliff