Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Kahrs

Default Gen 2 Kahrs

Read an article that I have no idea when it was written, but it was about Gen2 Kahrs with a bladed trigger and shorter pull. Anyone handled or shot one of these? Or are they still vaporware at this point?

Unhappy

Hi,

They look great: https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/gen2-premium-series/

Looks like they are sold out here: https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...istol/p/p48141

Bud's says "Out of Stock": https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...rip%2fframe+ss

Oh, but it sure looks cool.

I don't see any on the websites of my local big box stores. Of course, being in Kalifornia the gen2 might be too scary for the politicians here. I'll keep my eye out for one.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I thought I'd heard that the Gen 2 was put on a back burner and was never released. Right now everything everywhere is out of stock. My local shops still seem to have lots of guns (more than I can afford since I want them all) but everything to feed them is gouging prices or non existent.

I just checked what I thought was my quite stable supply of primers and powders and must have forgotten a few loading sessions. I'm not nearly as well off in inventory as I thought I was. A 4lb can of powder I thought was near full is near empty.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I thought I'd heard that the Gen 2 was put on a back burner and was never released. Right now everything everywhere is out of stock. My local shops still seem to have lots of guns (more than I can afford since I want them all) but everything to feed them is gouging prices or non existent.

I just checked what I thought was my quite stable supply of primers and powders and must have forgotten a few loading sessions. I'm not nearly as well off in inventory as I thought I was. A 4lb can of powder I thought was near full is near empty.
    Yeah, too bad. With the optics, brake, and new styling it looks like a wicket space-pirate blaster. Woo hoo!

BassCliff

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Read an article that I have no idea when it was written, but it was about Gen2 Kahrs with a bladed trigger and shorter pull. Anyone handled or shot one of these? Or are they still vaporware at this point?
    I did a little perusing around the internet and found a couple of announcement articles from the spring of 2015. Perhaps an email to Kahr is in order?

BassCliff

I saw a video with The Firearm Guy holding a new Kahr PM9 Covert at Shot Show 2020, though he didn't say it was a Gen 2 and it did not appear to have a bladed trigger. What made it different was the Red Dot sight on top of the slide, front serrations, and the longer grip.
    I'm thinking the bladed trigger model might just be something that was discussed and prototyped but never actually produced?

A blast from the past. Kind of old news. Donít you guys remember watching the videos of Justin and his shooting bud shooting the Gen 2 pistols and ringing steel at 100 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I saw a video with The Firearm Guy holding a new Kahr PM9 Covert at Shot Show 2020, though he didn't say it was a Gen 2 and it did not appear to have a bladed trigger. What made it different was the Red Dot sight on top of the slide, front serrations, and the longer grip.
    I'm thinking the bladed trigger model might just be something that was discussed and prototyped but never actually produced?
    The PM9 Covert...... now there is an even rarer bird.
    One of those is at the top of my handgun want list
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    A blast from the past. Kind of old news. Donít you guys remember watching the videos of Justin and his shooting bud shooting the Gen 2 pistols and ringing steel at 100 yards?

I just watched a video of him and his friend shooting plates at 50yds with an S and and ST. But I still haven't seen a Gen 2. I don't think I'm interested anyway, as I don't like trigger blades and the trigger of the original Kahrs is all the safety I'd want on them. Though if they ever came out with something along the lines of a 1911 MOA (with a nice clean SA break after a short wall), I'd be interested, so long as they still looked like Kahrs.

The Covert would be nice to have also, though it would possibly move it out of the realm of a pocket pistol. At least in my pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    I remember that, and I tried to find them again not too long ago. Seems to have been scrubbed from existence.

I'm pretty disappointed that the gun didn't materialize, but I'm not too broke up about it if it meant a change to bladed triggers. The Kahr trigger is elegant in its simplicity and function, and should be left as it is, IMO. OTOH - I am waiting impatiently for any of the standard size (steel or plastic frame - I don't care) to become available MRDS-ready. I have one in hand I am willing to have modified, but I'm not confident that I can get it done with no drama right now.