Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CM9 Stuck/tight Trigger

I looked at my PM9 and the trigger pin is fixed and does not rotate when the trigger is pulled so try what Bawanna said give the frame a good bath and overnight soak in some PB Blaster or Deep Creep and see if it will loosen up, can’t hurt anything and might just fix it without a trip back to the Mother Ship....
    Last edited by getsome; 01-14-2021 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Can’t type

I can certainly give those a try. You say bath and overnight soak... are you suggesting submerging the whole frame into a bucket of PB Blaster or some similar something and let it soak overnight?

Doug

Just a real good spray all around the trigger and pin area and let it sit overnight.....The trigger pin should not be rotating in the polymer frame so I think you have found the issue....If it doesn’t break free you could try to punch out the pin to remove it from the trigger and clean it up some but then trying to get the pin to stay put may become an issue, some have had the pin start working it’s way out of the frame and had to use epoxy glue to make it stay in place but for now just try spraying it down with some PB Blaster and maybe a couple light taps to the trigger side with a screwdriver handle might get it to let go......If you can’t get it to free up I would let Kahr look at it to be sure it if fixed permanently because I’m sure they have seen this issue before....

No idea if it would work or not but I'd be tempted to try a heat gun if the oil doesn't get it. Just warm things up a bit and let it cool.

Tapping the pin with a punch a it, not to drive it out but to just move it a tad might help with the oil thing too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'll see if I can hook that up tonight. I'll report back tomorrow with any progress.

Thank you.

Doug

Good luck guy, Be careful with anything you do on the frame because that’s the where the serial number is and to the ATF the polymer frame IS the gun and if the frame gets damaged beyond repair then it’s new frame time and new 4473 form and transfer fees so that’s the main reason I was trying to get you to let Kahr fix it under warranty......

Thank you. I appreciate the concern. I'm not going into this lightly. If this doesn't work, off the Kahr is the next option.

I am currently carrying a Taurus and its just huge compared to the CM9. I love this little gun for carrying. Its a bit snappy to shoot but I don't think that will be on my mind if it ever has to be used.

Doug

Galloway Precision has a good video up about replacing the trigger in a poly Kahr:
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That was a good video. He literally just popped that pin out and back in. I can understand the small pin holding the trigger pin in place in that little ring on the left side. I get how that all works. How easy is it to damage that little keeper pin so that the trigger pin doesn't stay in any longer? If the trigger pin is not supposed to move with the trigger, I think you are right.. that's the problem. Sounds like I need to pop the trigger pin out and clean everything in there up really good and put it back together. I am not sure how long the Kahr warranty is but I have had this little gun for 8 years or so now. I would suspect, unless its a lifetime warranty, that its probably out by now. And I really don't want to damage the frame in any way. But again, in the video he just popped it out and right back in when he got everything lined up. Maybe I'm overthinking this like I typically do.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
    That was a good video. He literally just popped that pin out and back in. I can understand the small pin holding the trigger pin in place in that little ring on the left side. I get how that all works. How easy is it to damage that little keeper pin so that the trigger pin doesn't stay in any longer? If the trigger pin is not supposed to move with the trigger, I think you are right.. that's the problem. Sounds like I need to pop the trigger pin out and clean everything in there up really good and put it back together. I am not sure how long the Kahr warranty is but I have had this little gun for 8 years or so now. I would suspect, unless its a lifetime warranty, that its probably out by now. And I really don't want to damage the frame in any way. But again, in the video he just popped it out and right back in when he got everything lined up. Maybe I'm overthinking this like I typically do.

Doug
    The pin might not pop out so easy if it's still seized to the trigger.