Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CM9 Stuck/tight Trigger

I thought about that too. If its seized up, could be a no go.

Doug

I'd still do the above idea's before attempting to remove the trigger pin. Penetrating oil, heat, tapping with a punch. Be nice to somehow squeeze both sides of the pin to keep it from moving while working the trigger. Maybe a C Clamp with some pins. Be tough to get everything lined up and tight enough but would be good to break the trigger loose.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Contact Kahr, try and get a prepaid mailing label.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
    That was a good video. He literally just popped that pin out and back in. I can understand the small pin holding the trigger pin in place in that little ring on the left side. I get how that all works. How easy is it to damage that little keeper pin so that the trigger pin doesn't stay in any longer? If the trigger pin is not supposed to move with the trigger, I think you are right.. that's the problem. Sounds like I need to pop the trigger pin out and clean everything in there up really good and put it back together. I am not sure how long the Kahr warranty is but I have had this little gun for 8 years or so now. I would suspect, unless its a lifetime warranty, that its probably out by now. And I really don't want to damage the frame in any way. But again, in the video he just popped it out and right back in when he got everything lined up. Maybe I'm overthinking this like I typically do.

Doug
    The first time I removed one was when I was rebuilding a P380. I was concerned as you are, so I made a short, tapered punch from a bamboo chopstick and used that with an arbor press to start the pin out. I had no problems with that. Since then, I just use a brass punch and hammer. I've had no issues going that route as well (I wouldn't advise doing it on a cold frame). Sometimes the small cross pin walks out a bit, but it taps back in place quite readily and I've not had them walk out afterwards.

If your pin is frozen in place enough that it moves in the frame when you pull the trigger, I imagine it will need to be moved along it's length to free it up.
    With luck (and no rust), you may need to only move it a slight amount to restore it's function vice removing it completely. Rusted: replacement might be the necessary.

Be warned, that video is excellent but you have to hold your tongue just right to get everything aligned just right and back together...it can be done, it just might take a few (dozen?) attempts.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Okay, curiosity got the best of me so I tapped the end of the trigger pin ever so slightly. Okay it was just a little more than ever so slightly... and it moved. I pushed it on out with some effort. Looks like the trigger pin was rusted to the trigger spacer. Both have a bit of rust on them. I went ahead and ordered a few new parts. I ordered the trigger spacer, the trigger pin, the trigger spring and went ahead and grabbed a new trigger while I was at it. I also grabbed the magazine release since mine was also rusty. The trigger bar looked fine and cleaned up easily enough. There is enough rust on the pin and spacer that I don't think they will easily clean up and go back together. I started to grab some emory cloth and work on them a bit but I don't think I can get inside the hole of the spacer without a lot of effort. Was easier to spend the $50 and get new parts.

I have carried this little gun daily for quite some time. I carry it in an OWB holster and it easily conceals under a t shirt. I spent all last summer remodeling a house so that my wife and I could move in. It was hot and I was quite sweaty most of the time. I am sure the salty sweat from my side got into everything. I think I need to look for an OWB holster that has the flap that extends up to keep the gun from resting against my skin. I also think I need to clean lube ad check things out a little more often. Lessons learned.

Thanks for all the advice. I honestly appreciate it. As soon as parts come in and I get it reassembled I will come in and update this thread. I will also get it to the range and make sure things are right before carrying it again.

I'll go and try to make a pic sharing account and post a pic of the rusty parts.

Doug

Heres a bad pic of the parts. You can see the rust on the trigger spacer pretty easily. Well dang, that pic is a little small. Hopefully you can see it.

Doug

The picture gets big and visible when you click on it. Did get some rust in there for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Good job Doug! You got it apart and found the problem and I’m glad you can can get it fixed with a few parts and determination without a repair bill.......Let us know how it goes....

Greg,
    That is one of the very best videos I've seen to learn how to completely strip the slide. I especially like the handy tool. Ever thought about marketing that thing..??
    When I took my slide apart to install a spring kit, seems like it took three hands, and one foot..!!
    Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
    Heres a bad pic of the parts. You can see the rust on the trigger spacer pretty easily. Well dang, that pic is a little small. Hopefully you can see it.

Doug
    Great job! Happy it worked out so well.