Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New K9 for $1200???

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I've kept my motorcycle endorsement since '78, even when I didn't currently own a bike. It has saved me from having to retest more than once when I did get back in the saddle. I'll hang onto my CPL just to make sure any new laws won't require a whole lot of hassle to get another one. Of course I don't intend to stop carrying until I'm no longer sharp-minded enough to do so. At that point I'll let mine lapse.
    I tried to keep my motorcycle endorsement and drove for a year or more before they told me I had to retest (car) since I had to use hand controls etc. When we did the license they said they'd remove the motorcycle endorsement, I asked them not too but they said I'd never ride a motorcycle anyhow. They eventually won out and took it off. Haven't rode a motorcycle so guess I'm not out anything. Good point on the keeping the CPL although if they make new laws I'm sure they'll just cancel them out anyhow.

I plan to carry even when my mind is dull which some already believe is here.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

LOL, I guess that makes two of us who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed as we once may have been Colonel.
    I can see them cancelling out all existing permits and/or requiring training when renewing one. Not to infringe mind you but rather to make sure everyone is safe. Our government will not rest until we're all defenseless. Or at least the law-abiding amongst us.
    Not that your old endorsement would matter but I wonder if anyone has ever put hand controls on a trike? Which of course requires a different endorsement.

Oh sure, they have rigged trikes for hand controls. I've even seen some with like a box on the back you roll into and you just sit in the wheelchair. Long handle bars, doesn't look like it would be a comfy ride to me.
    The backwards trikes, with two wheels in the front would be pretty easy. Just have to move the brake up to the handle bars. They are like automatic so no shifting except in and out of go. I looked at those years ago.

Guess at this point I don't mind a windshield, heater and air conditioning, rarely even roll the windows down.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I hear that. I still ride but I'm a fair weather rider for sure. I've also nixed the idea of getting and/or restoring a classic car because I like my creature comforts too much and don't want to do away with them.

I still have a major hankering for a classic old pickup truck, maybe a Studebaker, something out of the norm. Make it super nice and driveable. Kind of a nice day cruiser.

Know a fella that has a 38 Plymouth body on a 2000 Ford Courier pickup chassis, it is so super cool. All the modern stuff in a classic old car. Tried to talk him out of it but while he's done several others, this one is his baby. He drives it all the time. Hit a deer with the thing and barely dented a fender, a new car probably would have been totaled.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Yeah that would be the best of both worlds. And with brakes that actually work! Ever thought about commissioning him to either help you do one, or to do one for you outright?

That K9 has not moved, still sitting there.

Cost would be far beyond my means. He's getting up there in years. I think he still tinkers but doubt he does whole projects. Buying one outright would be the only way for me. Maybe someday if there are enough days.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

My dream ride would be a rebuilt short bed step side 55 Chevy pickup with a modern LS engine...Ain’t nothing better than an old hot rod pickup....I did see a show on the MotorTrend channel where they found a nice rust free 66 Ford F100 long bed fleet side and removed the cab and bed from the original factory frame and installed it on a late model Ford Crown Vic Police car frame and drivetrain which didn’t look like it took that many mods to make it fit and the end result was a nice, almost stock looking, daily driver pickup with a Police Interceptor engine, rack and pinion steering and 4 wheel disc brakes and they spent less than 10 grand to do it....They called it the “Crown Hick”

I think I saw that episode just by chance. Don't see that show often.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I live in Kalamazoo, MI. Every year in September we have the "Street Rod Nationals North. For about a week our city is literally crawling with the kind of machines you guys are talking about. Many of them with For Sale signs. You can see some amazing pieces of automotive art. Some examples here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLdPQl3_5wg