CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mag Guts Sig 365

Don't need many rounds with a 45. Just sayin.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Don't need many rounds with a 45. Just sayin.
    Exactly...when ya shoot 'em with rounds the size of a BASKETBALL they go down!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I have heard(ahem) that with the 9mm ammo they design and produce, it's pretty much equal to big bore these days. Must be why some need to carry 17+1 in the gun and more mags on the side. It's called 9mm confidence......................

I received a kit for the 10+2 today. Installation went smoothly: remove OEM floor plate, spring and follower, then install MG follower, spring and floorplate. Floor plate locking tab is attached to the spring on both the OEM and MG spring. First round in took a little jiggling about to get it started; the rest went in easily. All fed and chambered by hand with no issue. Second loading was easier than the first. Hope to run some live tomorrow.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    In my (more limited) experience, mags with Magguts kits are as (or MORE) reliable than with the original guts. The advantage of the Magguts kits over extended mags is your weapon stays the same size. Makes a difference to pocket carriers. The point of pocket carry guns like this is to be armed when carrying larger weapons, extra mags etc is not practical or convenient.
    (emphasis mine)
    EXACTLY. I don't want the butt of my CM9 to have to be any longer than it is with the factory 6 rd. mag.
    Going to the Kahr for EDC has been a "step-up" from the S&W 642 purely for the extra rounds.
    When I have been in places where the potential for a gunfight was much higher than it is where I am now...my go-to for EDC is my Browning HiPower with 2 spare mags. Hope it doesn't come to that here.

If I felt that I had to carry 30-50 rounds to be safe I would have an AR instead of a pistol. A 45 with 20-30 rounds would not do either. I'm not a cop or soldier so I really don't feel the need for that much ammo. Bang, bang, and run like H@ll. My everyday life is just not that dangerous.

Default Mag Guts Sig 365

I bought the +2 for my 10 and 12 round mags. I’ve got 15 round mags and I’d buy these kits for them as well. A 10+2 and a 15+2 (or 3) would be 30 rounds with one in the chamber in an almost PM9 sized gun. I’m going to install them today and see how they feed.

I don’t feel like I need 30 to be safe, I just know that having a few more is better than a few less. 30 is what is possible with the one in the gun and a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    In my (more limited) experience, mags with Magguts kits are as (or MORE) reliable than with the original guts. The advantage of the Magguts kits over extended mags is your weapon stays the same size. Makes a difference to pocket carriers. The point of pocket carry guns like this is to be armed when carrying larger weapons, extra mags etc is not practical or convenient.
    My experience they are not as reliable as the OEM in 9mm, and I like the non plastic follower for the magazines that Kahr and Lakeline now sell. The only failures I have had with two CM9's were from Magguts. I ended up getting rid of them and replaced them with OEM. I also like the extension form Gallaway that adds one more rather than magguts which I have had failures with in 9mm. And I like the the way the Extension feels in the hand. I do have magguts in the 380 and have had no failures, I also like the ability to buy "Extra Power Springs" from Wolf and change them out when I feel they are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    If I felt that I had to carry 30-50 rounds to be safe I would have an AR instead of a pistol. A 45 with 20-30 rounds would not do either. I'm not a cop or soldier so I really don't feel the need for that much ammo. Bang, bang, and run like H@ll. My everyday life is just not that dangerous.
    Exactly............. I carry 5 rds. of .357 or 10 rds. of .40. Any more is just too much extra weight to lug around. I'd be much more worried about getting to safety than having a shootout just because I have extra rounds. A rifle IS a good idea if you really feel the need for all of that ammo.