Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mag Guts Sig 365

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    That’s a great video, Clint Smith is a really funny guy but his real world knowledge is dead on.......I thought about a Mag Guts kit for my PM9 but decided against it because A. The gun runs perfectly with all 3 stock six round mags I have.....B. I carry a spare 6 round in my off side pocket along with a Benchmade folder and a small Streamlight flashlight so I have 13 rounds if necessary which should be more than enough to get me out of a bad situation and C. If God forbid I was ever involved in a self defense shooting and then had to explain to a jury why I felt the need to modify my pistol to hold more bullets so as to be more deadly it would likely go bad for me.......If Justin ever makes a factory PM9 that holds 10 rounds then I’m first in line for one but for now my reliable 7 round pistol and a spare mag is fine....
    Good luck explaining why you had a spare mag. If you had time to reload then you had time to get away.

Don’t shoot unless your life is in danger.

I believe we agree that the best gun fight is the one you’re not involved in...When I’m in public I’m always armed but I will change direction or cross the street if something doesn’t look right to stay safe to avoid trouble at all costs.....Carrying a handgun for self defense is a huge responsibility not to be taken lightly.....If you follow Massad Ayoob’s advise you should never carry a modified handgun in any way for self defense.....If you dislike the trigger pull or magazine capacity or whatever go buy something else that works for you because it’s best to carry a factory stock weapon rather than something you have modified because it will come back to bite you in the ars if you ever have to use it and are arrested for defending yourself......Massad Ayoob is retired Police Detective and expert witness in legal carry citizen involved shootings and knows a thing or two about what can happen in a court of law......His advise is to carry a stock, unmodified CCW pistol and to find out what kind of ammo the local Police carry and use the same so that if you ever have to shoot a thug trying to kill you then the Law Firm of Washington & Washington can’t use it against you in front of a jury full of Karen’s to say that you used an extremely dangerous modified weapon or extra deadly ammo in order to take everything you have for the poor grieving “family” of the fine young college bound, Sunday School loving little angel you were forced to shoot so he couldn’t kill you or your family....

I agree that the best fight is the one that you aren’t in. I installed an RDS on my gun which are common now on self defense pistols. The gun comes stock with 10 round mags. 12 and 15 round mags are factory available. I’m limiting those changes to the ones that are available on similar models from the factory.

Yesterday, I ran fifty rounds of steel case, Winchester 115gr. through my P365 without issue. The little glitch I had loading the first round (the first time) has completely disappeared. While I'm not calling 50 rounds conclusive, I'm pleased with the Magguts kit in this particular magazine.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I reconned and held a 365 for a friend a few weeks back, he ended up buying it. First one I ever held. I was favorably impressed. Had great sights and the trigger was sweet out of the box.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Can you get a three finger hold on them with the 10rd mags guys? If so, what is your hand size?

Greg did you put the flat trigger in yours, or is it the XL?

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Can you get a three finger hold on them with the 10rd mags guys? If so, what is your hand size?

I'd say I have medium to medium small hands. I'm flirting with pinky under when using the OEM flat base plate. I probably end up that way when shooting it, but that doesn't bother me. In fact I kind of like after quite a bit of time with a baby Glock.
    I'm full three fingers with the Magguts kit, but just barely.

I put that trigger in.

FWIW, I did just try a loaded 10 round magazine with a flat base plate to verify the grip thing. Surprisingly, I noticed that the fully loaded (12) Magguts magazine is considerably easier to seat than the flat base magazine (10).

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post

I get a two finger hold on mine with 10 round magazines. I’m XL to XXL glove size. I find it gives a similar amount of room as the PM9 grip. Better beaver tail IMO.

I tried the XL grip but found the mag well flare digs into my pinky. I don’t have the same problem with the 12 round extended mags.

Flat trigger is an easy swap. I also swapped for an aluminum grip frame instead of stippling the standard frame. It requires an extended mag release.

I’m looking into buying another one, but I’ll probably just flat trigger it and call it good. I just want an extra.

Default Mag Guts Sig 365

I have small hands and I can’t get my pinky comfortably on the 10 round mag with flat base.

That’s from back when I had guns. In case anybody is listening in:

I NO LONGER OWN ANY OF THEM EVIL GUNS THAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE ILLS OF OUR SOCIETY. I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY DEPROGRAMMED.

https://i.imgur.com/Bnqv6Sg.jpg
    Last edited by DavidR; 01-31-2021 at 05:44 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thanks for the info guys, I have been contemplating a P365 for awhile now, and also trying to determine whether I'd like the smaller one with an extended 12rd mag or the XL with the flush fit 12rd mag. I think that the smaller one would work best for me with the extended mag, and would lend itself better to pocket carry, especially with the factory flat plate whereas the XL would probably not work at all in my pockets. That being said I've come to reappreciate the Kahrs and I'm also trying to decide if another of those would make me happier than the Sig. And then there's the P239 in .40. Decision, decisions, decisions.