Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matte Stainless, blah

I've been using the same can of Simi-chrome for about 10 years. This was the first time I tried it on SS or any other part of a gun. Mother's did just as good a job imo. But it's always nice to have options. Oh, and Mother's seems to be less nasty than the others out there.

Spent about an hour this morning using Flitz and soft cotton. Big improvement. Not a bright finish but just a little more shiney than the original satin. Also was able to buff out some light pitting on the frame , but some of the deeper scaring is still visible. Like Case knives, stains less.

IMG_2420.jpg

Also cleaned up the barrel hood a little, nice improvement there. Finished up with an application of renaissance wax.

Looks good Dave, glad you like it!

That's a good look. I also prefer the black diamond. It's a pretty durable finish.

Until relatively recently I ALWAYS opted for black guns. Mostly for tactical reasons. But then after getting a couple with bare stainless slides, and lightly polishing the slide on my PM45 I've definitely taken a liking to them. And in a holster it's not going to shout out to anyone. Might lose a couple of points in tactical stealth under certain conditions but I fondle my pistol far more than I use it, never having had to pull one out in 4+ decades of carrying. I guess getting older I've realized that I do like the spices of life more than I would have thought. Still not into bbq guns for self defense carry though