Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pocket Carry

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    After having to shoot that feral cat with the wife's pea shooter last week, and her seeing the results, she's starting to re-evaluate her choice of caliber.
    Meaning she's comfy with the pea shooter or wants a 45?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

She's comfy with the pea shooter, it's the ammo that's got her thinking. I'm slowly working on her to increase her firepower. It would most likely have to be something that is just as convenient as what she carries now. Tough road to hoe but I'm working on it. These days, I should probably get her shooting what I shoot ammo wise to keep things consolidated. She's not recoil sensitive so that makes it a bit easier. Just refuse to pay these gun prices. I found a box of 50/.357 158 gr. JHP's brass cased, new or once fired for $69.99 the other day and thought it was a bargain all things considered. The good news is that they were loaded by a company that is right in my neck of the woods that I didn't even know was there. 25 minute drive away. In fact, they load for many many calibers, odd balls, and sell their wares to LE in 6 different states. I usually won't shoot reloads, but I'm going to check them out. They also sell firearms so I'll be paying them a visit soon.

Just prior to all this panic buying I had purchased some 45/70 ammo for my Henry from Steinel. Sounds like the same type of company. They load hard to find calibers and in my case different loads for like a Trapdoor Springfield or middle of the road or normal hot stuff for today's guns.

70 bucks for 50 357 reloads sounds like highway robbery at the felony level to me. Course around here some places are getting 40 or more for a box of 9mm. Some are normal prices when/if you happen to see any on the shelf.

I don't have any bullets or I'd load you up a few boxes myself and it wouldn't be no where near 70 bucks neither.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Believe me, I'm not jumping up and down for the prices of ANYTHING these days. I purchased the ammo from a Mom and Pop store that has an archery range/equip. and fishing equip. I had never been there before and they don't even sell firearms. There the ammo was, and I bought it. I wanted to make sure I had a small emergency stash to replace what I lost in the floods. I usually stack my revolver with a couple .357 rds. along with .38 +p's. I got the info about the co. from the box and checked them out. Mom and Pop tacked a bit on you know, for handling. They are normally $60. Not much better...............I've been taking trips here and there and checking out new firearm stores/shops and looking for ammo deals. Checked one out Tuesday about 45 mi. away. Had some interesting military firearms but otherwise, nothing to get exited about. The owners opinion was that it's never going to be the same again, as far as ammo goes. He said that he had a million rds. on order and it just trickles in, he never knows what he's going to get. He did say that he had 12,000 rds. of 9mm coming in, but I had no interest in that.................The next trip will be to the place where the ammo came from and another shop a couple miles away. About a half hour drive. I'm just finding out about all of the firearm places by me. Lot's of hunters, so lot's of guns, clubs, ranges, land, etc.

Being retired LEO, I carried a gun on my hip for over two decades. I got onto pocket carry in the late 90’s/early 2000’s as a more convenient way to carry a backup gun while working. It became so comfortable and now since being retired it’s natural and my preferred method. While I usually carried a Kel-Tec P3AT or a Ruger LCP, I recently took my 2003 P3AT out of retirement and it has become my constant companion again.

PM9 with a sticky holster makes for a good pocket carry. With lighter nylon shorts I pocket carry a Ruger LCPII. Escape gun and sooo light.