Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: WTB: Kahr MK9 grips

Default WTB: Kahr MK9 grips

I'm looking for a pair of checkered wood grips or any other type of patterned, aftermarket grips for the MK9.
    Thank
    Gonzo

My old coworker sold his MK so I no longer have a model to build a grip on or I'd whittle out a set.
    Let me check the drawer and see if I have anything worthy.

Is this an older MK or a newer MK? Keep forgetting they don't interchange.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bawanna
    I recently purchased a used MK and would like to get a set of wood grips for it. I have a set on backorder on the Kahr website, but I'm not holding my breath. It has the black plastic grips and I would be willing to send the grips to you if you could use them as a pattern.

Someone actually sent me a set of the plastic grips for the newer MK's. The inside of an MK or K grip is quite complex. It's near impossible to create a new set from a grip alone without a frame to fit it too.
    I'll look again to see if there's something I'm missing but I don't think so. I should have bought the MK when he sold it but at the time didn't have the loot.

I tried to just get a frame from Kahr, perhaps one that was damaged in the making but still usable for fitting but apparently there's stringent rules about the disposal of that stuff.

Honestly they are not fun to make but I hold my head high when I pull off a perfect set. Challenging.

Guess I'll keep my eye's peeled for a decent used MK. Perhaps if I make a few more I'll figure out a more efficient way of whittling them out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I understand. I have a son, that lives in the Wet & Wild Pacific NW, more importantly two GRANDSONS there. Will be retiring at end of the year and plan to make the trip from Texas by auto, just might get with you then and bring the MK to you.

Works for me. I'm looking forward to getting out of this state if I live long enough. Was pondering Montana or Wyoming but a couple officers retired and went to Texas, just might end up there too. Always dreamed of being Greg's neighbor but plumb hot and all kind of things that want to bite you, snakes and such. Sure be a fun neighbor though.
    Texas would work, already wear the hat, and Armybrat sent me a come and take it mask, I wear only when required. I ain't very tall but I might just fit in.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

It is not the “GA” serial number series, so it would be a newer model.

I'm gonna try and contact Kahr again and see if there's anyway to get a frame, even with the nose cut off, just something to fit grips to. I'll let ya know if anything works out.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan