Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: PM9 mag is a snug fit. All like that?

Default PM9 mag is a snug fit. All like that?

Hi, I'm used to hitting the mag release and the mag dropping out, do the Kahr not do that? Need to help it out for a reload? Thanks

They usually drop. I polish mine first thing. Like the barrel they have some kind of coating on them, they shine up like chrome with a minute or two on a buffer.
    They seem a bit sticky when new. A good cleaning should do it. In the past I've heard of folks very gently squeezing the feed lips in a vise that seemed to cure it too. Just a tiny little bit, don't over do.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

This lack of mag drop with the PM9 was a topic of discussion a while back. My new PM9 back in 2010 had a tight magwell, it didn’t bother me. With a carry piece the last thing one wants is a mag drop when the adrenaline kicks and you accidentally hit the release or your in a struggle. If you run n gun with it, that’s different.

With that said, after a couple years the mags became loose and dropped free. Actually their too loose for my liking.

It will loosen with time and use.