Xssights   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: (Update: HERE!)Still waiting for my K9 to ship (🙁) so I知 buying another one tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Colt didn't give me the time of day. It is fixed now and a nice tight gun but not because of them. I'm glad you had better luck with Kahr.
    Sorry to hear that brother. I致e personally not heard anything about Colt CS but being such expensive guns, I would have hoped they were solid.

Kahr痴 been good to me thankfully as well as Glock and Ruger, Sig wanted $55 + labor fees for my 2 year old P226 (purchased new) that was having FTE. They swore it was my fault, the ammo I was using, etc. Took it to my local range gunsmith, he diagnosed a weak extractor spring. Replaced it and functioned flawlessly after that.

My colt experience was in the late 70s or early 80s. I'd haver to look up some paper work to know for sure.

My colt experience was in the late 70s or early 80s. I'd haver to look up some paper work to know for sure.
    No worries. I知 curious, what was done to fix the slop?

The slide was squeezed in a vise to take out the horizontal movement. It takes a lot of pressure to do it even though it was only thousandths of an inch. The rails on the frame were peened to tighten the vertical slop. Then the slide was worked on the frame with valve grinding compound. An over/under barrel bushing was fitted. That is over size on the OD and undersize on the ID. The tang on the top of the chamber was welded up and filed down to fit the slot. A longer link was put in. It is a very tight gun now.

The slide was squeezed in a vise to take out the horizontal movement. It takes a lot of pressure to do it even though it was only thousandths of an inch. The rails on the frame were peened to tighten the vertical slop. Then the slide was worked on the frame with valve grinding compound. An over/under barrel bushing was fitted. That is over size on the OD and undersize on the ID. The tang on the top of the chamber was welded up and filed down to fit the slot. A longer link was put in. It is a very tight gun now.
    Sounds like whoever worked on your 1911 knew what they were doing! I知 not too familiar with the 1911 platform aside from the basics of any pistol but the over century-old design that still holds up today amazes me.

I guess there痴 a reason firearm mechanics haven稚 changed much in over 4-5 centuries... the original inventors just got it right and our boys like Sam Colt perfected it

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Add on, do you use snap caps or just dry fire on an empty chamber?
    Empty chamber.