Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Update: HERE!)Still waiting for my K9 to ship (🙁) so I’m buying another one tomorrow

Default (Update: HERE!)Still waiting for my K9 to ship (🙁) so I’m buying another one tomorrow

Hey folks. Got a random message from a friend saying he wants to sell his K9, asking $325. He just replaced the grips and recoil spring, comes with 2 extra recoil springs as well as 2 mags. Meeting him tomorrow. Too good of a price to pass up. Can anyone tell me the difference between this model without the frame contour compared to the new model with the frame contour? Thanks for the help

Pictures in Imgur link below
    https://imgur.com/a/RvAT2XF
    Last edited by rms2324; 02-05-2021 at 11:14 PM.

From what you describe as no "frame contour", that would be a very early carbon steel model. The "original" K9. Great gun for that price. It will almost certainly have the original/standard long trigger pull. Other than that very similar to today's K9. Enjoy.

Similar to this.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

That's pretty cool. I would be tempted to tell Kahr Co to keep your old beater and just send your $1200 back, adjusted for inflation.

This is a link to the thread that shows many of the differences...

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...frame-K-series

Ironically posted by ripley16 as a young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    That's pretty cool. I would be tempted to tell Kahr Co to keep your old beater and just send your $1200 back, adjusted for inflation.

Thank you! I got it for $760 new so not a terrible price lol

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post

Honestly depending on how I like this one, I may end up selling my new K9, we’ll see. I doubt I’ll get anywhere near what I paid for it. Nothing set in stone yet though

Update: got it, took it to the range, ran great no problems at all with aluminum and brass. Unbelievably smooth shooter. I had my EDC, my Sig P365 XL with me and I wanted to compare recoil. Huge difference, the 365 XL had much more pronounced, “snappy” recoil compared to the K9, I mean fairly dramatic difference. The K9’s trigger has the longer pull but still smooth as ever, like a nice DA revolver. Really made me focus on trigger control

I damn near had a heart attack when re-assembling the gun before shooting at the range.

I put the pin in with the slide too far back. The slide and barrel would not move forward, only back and the barrel was about halfway in the slide. I was freaking out, thought IÂ’d have to sent it back to Kahr but I got it with the olÂ’ magazine disassembly trick. Got a scratch on it with the mag when trying.

Can that scratch be covered by rebluing the effected areas? Not worried about the scratches but I would like to reblue some surface scratches soon

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    From what you describe as no "frame contour", that would be a very early carbon steel model. The "original" K9. Great gun for that price. It will almost certainly have the original/standard long trigger pull. Other than that very similar to today's K9. Enjoy.

Similar to this.
    Are those blued cases, too?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Are those blued cases, too?
    With matching Walnut bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Update: got it, took it to the range, ran great no problems at all with aluminum and brass. Unbelievably smooth shooter. I had my EDC, my Sig P365 XL with me and I wanted to compare recoil. Huge difference, the 365 XL had much more pronounced, “snappy” recoil compared to the K9, I mean fairly dramatic difference. The K9’s trigger has the longer pull but still smooth as ever, like a nice DA revolver. Really made me focus on trigger control

I damn near had a heart attack when re-assembling the gun before shooting at the range.

I put the pin in with the slide too far back. The slide and barrel would not move forward, only back and the barrel was about halfway in the slide. I was freaking out, thought IÂ’d have to sent it back to Kahr but I got it with the olÂ’ magazine disassembly trick. Got a scratch on it with the mag when trying.

Can that scratch be covered by rebluing the effected areas? Not worried about the scratches but I would like to reblue some surface scratches soon
    Birchwood Casey makes a pen that basically applies cold blue. It may or may not match perfectly but covers up the shiny scratch. If this is on the newer gun I'm not sure how well it will work as its stainless under the blue.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."