Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Update: HERE!)Still waiting for my K9 to ship (🙁) so I知 buying another one tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Birchwood Casey makes a pen that basically applies cold blue. It may or may not match perfectly but covers up the shiny scratch. If this is on the newer gun I'm not sure how well it will work as its stainless under the black.
    one, two, three characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Birchwood Casey makes a pen that basically applies cold blue. It may or may not match perfectly but covers up the shiny scratch. If this is on the newer gun I'm not sure how well it will work as its stainless under the blue.
    thanks for the recommendation, the guys at the range today also recommended Birchwood Casey, I値l order some. And this will be for the carbon steel K9, don稚 have the new SS one back just yet

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Are those blued cases, too?
    I think the rounds are Hornady TAP 9mm. Black nickel coated case and the great XTP bullet.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Question, is it okay to dry fire the old K9? I saw an old Kahrtalk post where a member broke 2 triggers by dry firing his carbon steel K9.

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Question, is it okay to dry fire the old K9? I saw an old Kahrtalk post where a member broke 2 triggers by dry firing his carbon steel K9.
    My old K9 ('95 vintage E-nickel) has been dry fired many thousands of times. No damage from that yet. I can't imagine how that would cause a trigger to break.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    My old K9 ('95 vintage E-nickel) has been dry fired many thousands of times. No damage from that yet. I can't imagine how that would cause a trigger to break.
    I guess if you squeeze it hard enough...
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    Here痴 the quote from the post, absolutely no clue if it痴 true or not but just what I read:
    The only change to the original type trigger was the addition of a trigger limiter stop to prevent pulling it too far and causing the trigger spring to break.
    On that original model you could pull the trigger back until it contacted the frame. That over-stressed the trigger spring and they'd break.

Is it possible to put in an Elite trigger/springs into the carbon steel K9 to give it the nice, crisp trigger pull on the newer K9s? I personally wouldn稚 feel comfortable doing it myself so would need to send it to Kahr if that痴 a possibility. I like this trigger but the new K9 trigger blows this one out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I guess if you squeeze it hard enough...
    The trigger in my Ed Brown Exec breaks cleanly at 3.5 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Is it possible to put in an Elite trigger/springs into the carbon steel K9 to give it the nice, crisp trigger pull on the newer K9s? I personally wouldn稚 feel comfortable doing it myself so would need to send it to Kahr if that痴 a possibility. I like this trigger but the new K9 trigger blows this one out of the water

Get busy and clean and polish your striker channel.

There is a rumour about that says Kahr Co is supply a little sample tube of Flitz with every gun purchased. (I started that rumour so I can say it's not true.)