Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new

Thread: Spare Barrel For TP45 Or CT45?

Default Spare Barrel For TP45 Or CT45?

If anyone has a spare 4.04" barrel for either of these models I am looking to buy one, can also trade for throat work on your barrels as well. I will use it doing a bit of research on slightly increasing freebore in the throat (or lack of ).

Kahr sells them for $140 but if I can find a used one cheaper, I would prefer to go this route. Thanks!

NM.... Found someone with a TP45 barrel and the hood is almost .060" shorter than the CW45.

Mod can delete this thread.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 01-30-2021 at 01:25 PM.

I would be very interested in learning more about your findings, as well as current issues with the CW45... along with the PM45 and TP45. I have all three (purchased within the last 2 years... PM was used), and carry the CW45 the most (PM45 second). Do you have a link to your services? If gb6491 sees this, same question.

I've read a couple of the threads and comments about certain ammo not working in some Kahr 45's and your posts about throating. So far, I haven't had issues with WWB JHP, Rem GS 185gr +P, Fed HST 230gr, or Speer GD Compact, but none of my models like the Corbon +P 185gr or 230gr stuff (won't fit in chamber fully). Do you have any other ammo suggestions that work or don't work? I was going to test some old Rem G&W JHP stuff I have, but figured I'd save it for the H&K with the ammo scarcity over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott321 View Post
    I would be very interested in learning more about your findings, as well as current issues with the CW45... along with the PM45 and TP45. I have all three (purchased within the last 2 years... PM was used), and carry the CW45 the most (PM45 second). Do you have a link to your services? If gb6491 sees this, same question.

I've read a couple of the threads and comments about certain ammo not working in some Kahr 45's and your posts about throating. So far, I haven't had issues with WWB JHP, Rem GS 185gr +P, Fed HST 230gr, or Speer GD Compact, but none of my models like the Corbon +P 185gr or 230gr stuff (won't fit in chamber fully). Do you have any other ammo suggestions that work or don't work? I was going to test some old Rem G&W JHP stuff I have, but figured I'd save it for the H&K with the ammo scarcity over the last year.
    I only butcher my own stuff and to that end I use a reamer I bought from Brownells to do my 45 barrels. My CW45 was the first, but I've since done all my 1911s and other semi autos chambered in 45ACP. I feel all have benefited from the extra free bore. I've seen nothing detrimental, accuracy or function wise, from my handiwork, but I do believe DougGuy's work is superior.
    Mine

DougGuy's

DougGuy can be contacted via PM here or you might try his facebook page, Cylinderhone, https://www.facebook.com/Cylinderhone-756429174391912/

Regards,
    Greg

BTW, I did this on my pistols to eliminate problems with certain bullet profiles, but here's a different take (and dissenting view points) on it: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...-45-acp.462983
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    If anyone has a spare 4.04" barrel for either of these models I am looking to buy one, can also trade for throat work on your barrels as well. I will use it doing a bit of research on slightly increasing freebore in the throat (or lack of ).

Kahr sells them for $140 but if I can find a used one cheaper, I would prefer to go this route. Thanks!

NM.... Found someone with a TP45 barrel and the hood is almost .060" shorter than the CW45.

Mod can delete this thread.
    DG,
    I have to wonder if that might just be barrel specific. I say that because sometime back I had an extra PM9 barrel that had a hood that stopped considerably short of the breech face and it functioned just fine. I don't remember what it measured now, but you could see it at a glance.

FWIW, there is a TP45 barrel, guide rod, and spring on Ebay right now for just under $100.

Regards,
    Greg
    Last edited by gb6491; 02-06-2021 at 01:46 AM.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks for the info! Do you think there might be bullet stabilization issues in something as short as a PM45?

The reason I'm curious to learn more is that I would like to ensure functionality with a greater number of 45 ammo, particularly nowadays where I can't get the 4-5 SD rounds I've function and accuracy tested in my carry guns. Heck, There hasn't been pistol ammo available around here for at least 6 months.

I'm not too worried about getting those Corbon's to work, though, as the HP cavities were so large that they would deform upon feeding... that's beside the failed plunk test.

My pm45 chamber is a hair tighter, diameter, than my tp45. They both plunk the same. With that said, the fat Acme 230rn plunks at 1.207 rather short c.o.a.l. I’ve been contemplating adding about .030 of freebore. Acme is the only round I must load short so with more space I can standardize for all my 45s. Next stop BROWNELLS.