Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yesterday at my local Scheels

Default Yesterday at my local Scheels

I am seeing a small amount of various calibers on their shelf (Scheels, MN) every time I stop by. I do not know when they put it on the shelf but nobody was there drooling. The price on the 45 is up by $10/bx compared to 6 weeks ago. 10˘/rd for 22lr was priced like their CCI std. velocity that was available about three weeks ago. They also had LLP 200/per sale and I did not ask the price but I bought some about three weeks ago for $3.49/hundred.
    I left everything for others as I have plenty.

http://

http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Most of what I see in the sporting goods stores are --pistol caliber--460 S&W and 500 S&W. Rifle--6mm Creedmoor, 350 Legend, 300 WSM, 338 Win Mag, 458 Win Mag and some oddball safari rounds like 9.3x74. I just look for anything usable for me; I do have a 300 WSM but handload for that and I'm all set on brass, primers, bullets and powder. I've been reluctant to shoot anything, in spite of the ammo industry people saying that we should shoot because they're making all they can. They're just not catching up with the demand.

Even if they do catch up with demand which probably won't happen anytime soon, I'm not paying gouger prices.

I've got plenty of brass and plenty of bullets for 45, a good stock of 223 and 30-06 and even 9mm. I have zero bullets for 9. My old department said they have some brass so if I can ever find more powder and primers I'll be set. I can't even find black powder, thought I'd dust off the old smoke pole and have it ready.

Course after the loss of all my firearms due to the sink hole (still painful to think about) I guess I have no need for reloading components, even the press went down with the rest of it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Talking

Hi,

It's been catch as catch can around here. I buy at a couple of LGS, one that gets their shipment on Monday, the other on Thursday. I have to get there as early as possible and stand in line. If you get there too late, say 1pm, they will usually be sold out. There are always limits, two or three boxes at a time if you're lucky. But I try to go consistently and have built up almost 2000 rounds in the last few months. Now I can miss a week once in a while, buy to replace what I shoot at the range, and keep my inventory just in case SHTF.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Its not if, but when the SHTF I'm afraid.

The only thing that I'm short on is .380 defensive ammo. And that's because I decided to not get any more +P Gold Dots because I don't shoot them as well any more.

I would like to switch to Critical Defense FTX but the only return text I've had is from an outfit in Canada and their voice answering service starts with "we don't ship to the USA". Bummer.

Optics Planet doesn't HAVE any, but they let me put in back orders. I've done two for ten boxes each and hope something comes my way. Their WAG was February 5, so I'll see. I dragged my feet too long in replacing what I was using up.

After the 8 or so mags of 6 or 7 rounds of the Underwood +P GD's are gone... with no practice for over a year, I may look at taking a drill to my plentiful FMJ.

I've been to a couple of gun shows carrying a bunch of Gold Dots in 9mm, .40, and .45, hoping to make a trade or sell some. No one has the Critical Defense .380, and if they did, it would 3 times what I would pay!

It's not my primary EDC, though... just the one I wear around the house and on outings where I need MAXIMUM concealment... as in doctors appointments and the like. <sigh>
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I have a local Streicher's which is a police supply outlet and they are usually a good source for SD ammo of all calibers. In March when this thing just started bubbling up, I stopped by and bought a couple 50rd boxes of every caliber I own. None of them cost more than $24/bx of 50 rds..
    You may go to their website and get lucky with 380.
    Personally if I have 50rds of a proven performer SD rounds in each caliber, I am hopefully set for life.

There's plenty of logic in that especially in defense ammo. I'll probably be taken out long before the first 50 rounds are used. Using that logic I'm in very good shape, and even practice ammo is plentiful, it's only the fact that it may never be replaced that I find worrisome.

I don't shoot nearly as much as I'd like to anymore but seem to do just fine when I do. I'm still prepping all the cases I have. Getting them ready for whatever.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I’m glad I stocked up with 700 rounds of Federal ..327 Magnum last year, along with 300 of S&W .32 Long for my two .327 revolvers. Haven’t shot any of it yet.

In fact I didn’t shoot one round of any caliber last year except for a single BB through this Daisy 880 to run off an annoying squirrel in the back yard:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Scheels in Eden Prairie, MN is located in a mall and with temps well below zero and ice in the streets I walk my four miles inside so cutting through Scheels is just part of my winters day. I need no ammo but I do text customers that do so...
    Yesterday they had a few boxes of CCI Velocitor 22lr at $6.99/bx 50. Pricey stuff. Gone today.
    Today we had a fair amount of 44Mag @$44.99/bx/50, 357Sig @ $54.99/box/50, and 380 @ $24.99/bx/50.
    ammo3.jpg