Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is five rounds enough?

Default Is five rounds enough?

Apparently not. Warning very informative but graphic content and language.
    VIDEO: Crazed Man Attacking Deputy Soaks Up 12 Rounds Before He’s Stopped

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/vi...e-hes-stopped/
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Shoot until they go down or the gun is empty is the best policy. Who is to say if he would have gone down only a second later if the officer had stopped at one round, or three, or 4, 5. There is really no way to tell. Better to waste ten dollars worth of ammo then to risk your life.

For good reason, bandoliers were invented.

My training taught me the aggressor might be wearing body armor and the only way to disable or stop the attack is with a shot to the pelvis and or head/neck. A shattered pelvis works only if the aggressor not carrying a gun so if you have the cool, the old zipper approach is likely the best option. Start at the bottom and work your way up. I hope I am never tested.
    Maybe less likely to carry my snubby today.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

The guy was like a zombie coming at him. I'm surprised he didn't even flinch or twitch when hit. I know it's not like Hollywood, but this guy showed zero reaction till he just dropped. Must have been high as a kite.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Probably shot with a 9.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Probably shot with a 9.

I have read about the same thing happening to drugged up zombies shot with .45, though.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    The guy was like a zombie coming at him. I'm surprised he didn't even flinch or twitch when hit. I know it's not like Hollywood, but this guy showed zero reaction till he just dropped. Must have been high as a kite.
    Yeah, that was weird. It didn’t even seem like he was being shot. Very disturbing video in more ways than one.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

This is why NOBODY chooses to carry a handgun as their primary weapon going out on patrol in a combat zone. This is why you should have been taught that a handgun's most valuable purpose is to keep you in the fight until you can get to your battle rifle. Face it folks...our concealed carry handguns are (at best) a compromise we make to have SOMETHING available at all times should it be necessary to defend our life, or the life of another.
    I carry my Kahr CM9 knowing that my Ithaca 12 ga would be a much more reliable tool if I should ever need to protect myself, but I can't tote my 12 ga around with me everytime I leave my home. The most devastating, certified, genuine, one-shot fight stopper is worthless in a drawer at home when you're life is in danger. We make compromises. I appreciate the opportunity to see this video and use it to remind myself, and all of our gentle readers of the facts that we face.

We should all only carry 500 S&W's.....
    No wimpy guns allowed......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!