Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: One year...

Default One year...

This month marks my one year anniversary as a member of this great forum. Learned an awful lot about my then-new-to-me handguns. Grateful for the experts here that take the time to explain and not belittle the new guy. Proud to have two wonderful Kahr pistols in my collection, both running in top notch condition thanks to the member's wisdom and advice I've received on Kahr Talk.

This is a good forum. Some real good folks here and lots of firearm knowledge. I’ve received more than my share of help over the years.

Occasionally it can get a little heated over things like caliber, trigger preference and reliability but the Colonel keeps things from getting out of hand.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

And sometimes he's the cause of the heat of caliber, trigger preference and reliability but he tries to stay calm best he can. One thing he's unwavering on is looking cool. Regardless of all those other things looking cool is job # 1.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yes, this is a good place to be. It’s very peaceful, especially when compared to the Texas sports board I’ve belonged to for 20+ years. Those young guys can get vicious with each other on some topics.
    They humor me because I am a very old fart to them.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    And sometimes he's the cause of the heat of caliber, trigger preference and reliability but he tries to stay calm best he can. One thing he's unwavering on is looking cool. Regardless of all those other things looking cool is job # 1.
    If he’d just stop carrying that 380 and open his mind to a more powerful caliber.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Well I found the 380 to just have brutal recoil and while modern ammo makes it equal to the big nasty 45 of over a 100 years ago, I decided to step back to my 25. It's smaller, fits better in my thong and I don't really want to hurt nobody.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Jimmy Bond was also fond of his .25... and cool was his thing as well...shaken, not stirred.
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>