Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: Gen 2 P9 on GB

Default Gen 2 P9 on GB

First one I've seen "in the wild"

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892453936

Default Gen 2 P9 on GB

Shortened trigger stroke?
    Integrated safety?
    Last edited by DavidR; 02-14-2021 at 03:13 PM.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Yeah shorter pull, and the safety is a blade safety, like a Glock has, though it appears to be smaller and made of metal. Strange thing about this is that it first appeared at Shot Show, in 2015 or 2016. But you don't see them on Kahr's website. Don't know if it was an idea they shelved after a short production run, or what. A search on the internet will bring up a Kahr page or so but I cannot find my way to that from Kahr's present site.

For my part I don't really like it. If I wanted a single action striker gun there is no shortage of them out there. If I want SA then I'll likely opt for a 1911 or other variant of a hammer fired gun. Kahrs to me have always been a breed of its own, and one that the "long" DA, revolver-like trigger is the heart of.

I don't think it was ever offered. They had a working prototype and may have made a few but never offered. They shelved the idea. The one there on gunbroker is just the new model. Doesn't have the glock trigger and the trigger stroke is probably the same.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I couldn't see the trigger blade on those pics, but the pics are pretty dark. You're probably right though Colonel. So the new, not Gen2, model has front serrations and the slide/barrel are a little longer and that's about it?

I don’t think the slide and barrel are longer than the older P9 models.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

handgunhero shows the P9 at 6.3" long. I was sure it was listed awhile back on Kahr's site at 6.1", just as they have the P40 at, but in checking just now it shows it at 5.8" which I also have it documented as on the spreadsheet where I keep the stats of many guns. I could be losing my mind I guess. Thanks for straigtening me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I don't think it was ever offered. They had a working prototype and may have made a few but never offered. They shelved the idea. The one there on gunbroker is just the new model. Doesn't have the glock trigger and the trigger stroke is probably the same.
    I agree. It seems to be a P9 with the new frame and front slide serrations. IMO, it looks to be a follow up on the PM9 Covert:

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/pm...-night-sights/
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Well, that's a PM9. I wonder what the specs are on the P9.