Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Eagle

Default Desert Eagle

I have a 9 mm pistol with "Desert Eagle" "ISRAEL MILITARY INDUSTRIES LTD" very neatly stamp engraved, also made in Israel H3 in a couple places, Magnum Research Inc. as well. It is all steel with a manual, levered safety. I have had it for over twenty years and while recently looking for a kydex holster I have become a bit confused as to just what I have. Everything I have found refers to a 'Baby Eagle II', or a Jerico. Apparently there are many models of these guns, some in plastic, but none are listed as DESERT EAGLE in my configuration. At first I wanted to know so I could get the correct holster, but after searching the web for exactly what I do have, I have found nothing with the markings I have, so my curiosity is piqued beyond just getting the right holster. I would appreciate any information on this gun, thank you.
    Robin

Welcome Robin. Herea few links to some similar to yours, at least so far as the relationship between Magnum Research and IMI, which makes the Jericho. I'm not sure if MR imported the Jericho, or more likely licensed the patent(s) and produced a clone that they call the Baby Desert Eagle. Or the other way around. That sort of relationship is not unusual between foreign companies and US companies. Usually it is/was to get around import restrictions and/or high fees for bringing them in.

The Jericho also resembles the CZ, and so I guess both could be licensed clones of it. Others here are likely more knowledgeable about the exact relationships between the three.

I believe all three of these utilize the "inside out" slide rails where the male portion of the rails are on the slide instead of the other way around, that the vast majority of semi automatics use. ie the slide rides inside the frame instead of outside of it. And this, along with the other similarities that exist might indicate that two of them are licensing the rights from the remaining manufacturer.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892905193

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893049310

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/891602655

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Robin 101 View Post
    I have a 9 mm pistol with "Desert Eagle" "ISRAEL MILITARY INDUSTRIES LTD" very neatly stamp engraved, also made in Israel H3 in a couple places, Magnum Research Inc. as well. It is all steel with a manual, levered safety. I have had it for over twenty years and while recently looking for a kydex holster I have become a bit confused as to just what I have. Everything I have found refers to a 'Baby Eagle II', or a Jerico. Apparently there are many models of these guns, some in plastic, but none are listed as DESERT EAGLE in my configuration. At first I wanted to know so I could get the correct holster, but after searching the web for exactly what I do have, I have found nothing with the markings I have, so my curiosity is piqued beyond just getting the right holster. I would appreciate any information on this gun, thank you.
    Robin
    I don’t have much knowledge about the IMI Desert Eagles but since you have had it for so long I’m curious about it. Is it one where you can have a long double action trigger pull for the first shot and single action trigger after that? Also does the slide ride inside the frame instead of outside the frame like most other handguns? If so it may be based off of the CZ75. I think some of those had a “beveled” dust cover on the frame also. I’ll try and find a picture of one and post it. It may be the Jericho.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Never mind the pic. dao beat me with a picture.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Visit here:

It has a half cock position, so when taken off safety there is not such a long pull, it is single action after that. I'm in my seventies and have owned and still own a number of pistols and this is by far the nicest shooting of any of them, the single action trigger is light and breaks crisp and clean.
    I know every site has their own method of posting pictures, but I don't get this one. I don't have a picture host since photobucket screwed everybody so it's off my desk top or not at all. I tried. I'm also not real computer savvy.
    Robin

This forum requires 30 post before you can post direct. I use postimage since photobucket screwed everybody. I like it better and it's still free.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Okay, thanks Bawanna. I lost a lot of pictures with the photo bucket fiasco, now I don't trust any of them.
    Robin

Ahh, the CZ75 P-01. One fine pistol...

Visit here:

Quote Originally Posted by Robin 101 View Post
    Okay, thanks Bawanna. I lost a lot of pictures with the photo bucket fiasco, now I don't trust any of them.
    Robin
    I lost a ton of pictures also. Don't trust most anyplace now days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Maybe when I can post a picture it will help clear up why it ia a desert eagle and not a 'Baby' desert eagle.
    Robin