Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: New Guy from Wisconsin

Default New Guy from Wisconsin

Wisconsin new guy here, from Burlington. Bought a CW45 8-9 yrs ago, and havn;t fired it yet LOL. Soon as some of this snow melts, I'm going to the local range with it.
    I'm going to try factory ammo, and some of my reloads, and go from they're.

Only question I have right now is where can I get some FO sights for it,???. It has the old slide on it. I just don't like the dot on top of dot, type sights, so I want to change them.

Glad to be a member, nice sight.
    Dave

Welcome! I escaped from Wisconsin 10 years ago. Still have family there, spread from Waukesha to Marinette on the Eastern side. Go Pack Go!

I shoot a CW40 myself and the bar on the rear sight got cleaned off years ago so I have a black rear sight and the dot. I've been eyeing up Dawson Precision for a new front fiber sight.

Welcome.........................there is no way that I could have waited that long to shoot a new firearm. Spring is coming............................................ ....................

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Welcome! I escaped from Wisconsin 10 years ago. Still have family there, spread from Waukesha to Marinette on the Eastern side. Go Pack Go!

I shoot a CW40 myself and the bar on the rear sight got cleaned off years ago so I have a black rear sight and the dot. I've been eyeing up Dawson Precision for a new front fiber sight.
    Interesting...................I was born and raised in Waukesha and lived there for 45 years. Sure not how it used to be.......................I visit occasionally...........................wife has family in Milwaukee and north, and I still have friends in Jefferson County.

Welcome barracudadave67 Glad you found us! The CW45 is one of the nicest Kahr pistols and many folks here have and love them, good luck with yours.....Just curious, do you have a 67 Cuda? I’m a gear head car guy so had to ask, I’m a Chevy guy but old Mopars are way cool too...

Thanks for the welcome guys.
    Yes I have 3 B-Cudas, a 67 Formula S coupe, a 69 Slickback(fastback with a vinyl roof),and an orphan 66, the style with the big rear window. The 66 is my last project. Changing it from a slant 6, to a built 360. Last project, at my age.

I,m hoping to get to the range here soon to do a little shooting.

Dave

The parents of a friend of mine growing up had a nice 66..............a metallic gold color. Had the 273 cid with the 4 barrel. I think that my friends father was reliving his younger days. We got rides in it to go to our dishwashing jobs at a country club. The stories I could tell.........................

When I was 10 I lived with my grandmother and her Olds 88 was giving her problems and she wanted to trade it in for a new car so I saw this a great opportunity to help her find a nice safe reliable vehicle so I convinced her to stop in a Dodge dealer to look around...This was 1966 and the brand new Charger with the fastback big rear window had just come out (I knew this, she didn’t). I almost had her sold on one after showing her how the rear seats folded down and how much space it had and how safe it was with the standard equipment seat belts and what great gas mileage that little 440 motor would get on the highway (I had big plans for this car) but alas she later went with her brother the the AMC dealer and came home with a horrible ugly green Rambler Rebel which turned out to be the biggest piece of crap ever to roll off an assembly line.....I was crushed, nobody ever listens to me....

Welcome from the northeast. Marinette. PM9, P380, CW380. Happy with all of them.