CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happiness is an Old Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    This was my truck gun when I had a truck. It rested in a floor mount behind the seat.

I believe the Single shot shot gun is underrated. And for a first time gun owner, the simple and straight forward design would make for a home defense gun. Better than a pistol or revolver. I love the 4 1/2 lb 12ga I use to go back for long teks into the swamp for deer and Turkey. So easy to carry with a 18 1/2" barrel. And can shoot just about any centerfire ammo or rimfire ammo.

One is none, two is one......
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    One is none, two is one......
    1 plus 00=9

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    1 plus 00=9
    At distances inside a home that is a fist sized hole at best, not to mention all the sheetrock penetrated. Personally, I want more versatility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C29mEJFFIvo
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    1 plus 00=9
    I live in the South, grew up shooting Shotguns. They are sacred where we live. We use them from everything from doves to squirrels to turkey to deer. Rabbit hunting with Beagles, and you can only use shotgun for Deer.d. The Shotgun is plenty versatile . And I shoot a heck of a lot of Different Buck shot each year especially pattering with Buckshot at different distances and Chokes. (By the way, those single shots in the pic are tapped and drilled for Chokes as you can see a Turkey choke of the longer barrel. I use 4Buck for home defense. While I have semi auto and Pump home defense guns, the single shot for a new shooter in 20 ga can be be a nice little home defense package provided he or she trains. (In fact love my 18 " Pump 20ga).
    About a fist size hole with 00 buck shot? Not something I would want to experience. For the one's that want to come in a gang on the lawn, the 00 buck will do just fine to keep them off the grass.