Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr K9 vs Kahr CW9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kahr K9 vs Kahr CW9

I own a CW9 and have a chance to purchase a K9. I love the way a heavier gun feels and shoots. However, I have never shot a K9 and can't fiind one to rent. The closest I've probably come to a K9 is when I shot a Sig P239. So...for those who have shot both, is the K9 noticebly better than the CW9, regarding "shootability?" Thanks in advance.

Dave

I have a CM9 and a K9 They're both great shooting guns. The K9 has all the qualities you might think of in a gun that's 9 or 10 ozs heavier...a little less felt recoil etc. When I carry a 9 I carry the CM9 just because it's lighter. Were I you I'd snap up that K9. If you buy it right you won't lose on it and it does have a certain amount of cool factor, especially with the wood grips.

I'd say the K9 IS noticeably more pleasing to shoot than the CW9. The CW9 is a great shooting gun, so you're already pretty spoiled. But the K9 is like riding in a Cadillac, it's so smooth you barely know you've fired a round. But honestly it's hard to justify spending the bucks on the K9 if you already have a CW9. Not trying to talk you out of it, but like I said the CW9 is already a great shooter.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I own a CW9, K9 and I just recently picked up a MK9. The K9 and the MK9 are vastly more accurate than the CW9. The CW9 was my first Kahr. I then stumbled into a K9 at the mid price $300s. Being as they are basically the exact same size the mags and holster are interchangeable. Attempted to sell of the CW9 but all I could get were sub $200 low ball offers. Then it dawned on me that the CW9 would become my motorcycle carry. I’d rather fall on a polymer frame gun than an stainless one. Second, if I did need a bus ride and the firearm was “ secured” by law enforcement “, well then I wasn’t going to feel to bad about it. The K9 shoots much softer making the follow up shots faster. I’d shot a PM9 as a pick up gun at a IDPA match a few years ago. Did not enjoy shooting it. I had been looking for an MK9 for a couple of years when I stumbled on to one a month ago, clearance marked at $339. It came with only the 7 round mag so I had to find a couple of ones with the flush mount base pads. I also picked up a Mitch Rosen holster directly from Kahr. The MK9 accepts all 9mm Kahr mags. It may be slightly nicer to shoot than the K9 even with the flush base plate, 2 fingers grip.

I'll agree with the accuracy statement although I own an MK40. I also have a PM9, CM45, and CW45. The small MK40 is easily more accurate than the others and even my larger pistols.

I’ll throw a monkey wrench in... I shoot my CW9 better than I did my K9. But, to be transparent, I have spent a lot more trigger time with the CW than I ever did the K. If recoil adverse, one may like the K9 better, as I did notice it to be a tad bit of a softer shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I’ll throw a monkey wrench in... I shoot my CW9 better than I did my K9. But, to be transparent, I have spent a lot more trigger time with the CW than I ever did the K. If recoil adverse, one may like the K9 better, as I did notice it to be a tad bit of a softer shooter.
    I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I'm not​ recoil adverse, but I still like the K9 better than the P9. Haven't shot a CW9.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I'm not​ recoil adverse, but I still like the K9 better than the P9. Haven't shot a CW9.
    I did not shoot the P9 and CW9 side by side, but really could not tell any difference between the two. I do like the looks of the CW9 slide better though.

I don't have the CW9, but I have the CM9, K9 (older version), and a CW40 (about the same size as the CW9). Everyone might have a different experience, but if I keep in mind to pinch the CM9 at my thumb joint and grip high on the K9, I get the same accuracy. The kick is more pleaseant on the K9, but if you aren't gripping it high, it might feel flippy.