Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magazine issue real or imagined?

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    On the weak side of what? Both AL and brass (95gr bullet) are 945fps muzzle velocity.

Is the opposite of weak, strong? What do you consider a strong round in this calibre? Within SAAMI pressure specifications.

Before the ammo riot shortage I shot and stocked up with PRECISIONONE Plus P. I use it for carry and Break in. I also stocked up on the standard ammo for range work. However I also shoot other varieties of ammo like Remington etc. For myself the PrecisionOne give the best accuracy results with both the Pico and the Kahr. Never had a failure of any kind.

Here is the test result from about 5 years ago with just the STANDARD AMMO (before they came out with the PlusP.

Before Plus P with standard ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    On the weak side of what? Both AL and brass (95gr bullet) are 945fps muzzle velocity.

Is the opposite of weak, strong? What do you consider a strong round in this calibre? Within SAAMI pressure specifications.
    First, you have to somewhat ignore FPS numbers because they are subjective and usually slightly exaggerated. Different manufacturers have different powder blends that they use to produce their ammo. As an example, although Aguila and Remington and Winchester etc. may have similar FPS numbers in a certain caliber, you can physically feel the power difference shooting different manufacturers ammo.

OK. I get it now.

From my personal experience, I find Win White box and Blazer to be similar in power feel. Sellier and Bellot, Aguila, Remington and Federal all feel like they have a bit more power. Of course, the type of firearm and barrel length do play a major factor in FPS numbers. A lot of ammo numbers come from use out of a 4+" barrel. Out of the smaller mouse guns, I would predict a 100ft. or more drop in FPS.