Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun

Thread: Kimber Pepper Blaster II

Default Kimber Pepper Blaster II

Anyone carry or has used a Kimber Pepper Blaster? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as a non lethal option. Thanks.

My wife has had one (Gen 1), for years. Thankfully she has never needed to shoot it. She uses it when she walks up to check the mail. Compact and a better fit in the hand (and pocket), than the round cannister type. They're supposed to shoot further too.

Or you could use a 380......................just had to inject that...truly I hate myself.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The best I have found is POM. It has the most instinctive flip up cap and the product works. Cost is low enough to keep one in every car and buy a half dozen extras to give to your kids. Also, order a can or two of the inert ones that just spray water to test.
    We keep them in the cup holders.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I have several Pepper Blasters and my wife always keeps a lil Kimber's handy. I prefer the Kimber's range at 13ft. The smaller spray-can types are only good when your loved one is already at grappling distance. I also like that the Kimber fired with a primer cap, no way for it to loose pressure while it is sitting around.
    I had a few of the first gen Kimber's (looked like a cell phone) but they finally went past their expiration date. My Son kept one of them and had to use it one dark night... on a huge, angry, racoon. Two quick hits from that Kimber made a one each "Racoon Rocket". it was two years out of date, but still worked as advertised.

So, the wife carries a Kimber Pepper Blaster or a Kimber Micro 380, depending on the day... either way, bad guys will have a bad day.

Me? I carry a .380... or a 9mm... or a .38... a .44spl... and every once in a while, a .41mag. A Texan needs to be ready for everything from Bad Boys to a Bad Buffalo.
    I was once asked if I was "a paranoid for carrying my Kahr".
    "Nope" I said, "just prepared".
    " prepared for what" he asked?
    "more stuff than you are"
    God Bless our Troups!

They can be effective. IMHO the biggest benefit to them is that your loved one has a much less chance of wind causing splashback on them!