Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: Really??????

Default Really??????

I find it some what amusing, well actually hilarious to say the least that I am seeing ammo being sold by the piece!!!!! I am also seeing ammo being traded in minute quantities. So small, it's not even worth the effort. Things must be worse than I thought. I asked at a gun shop if he had any .357 ammo. He put a bag on the counter with about 15 .357 what evers and said that's it. Took them on trade. Hilarious. $24.99. I told him I was laughing so hard that I couldn't get my money out. Ever.

Wow, that is really bad.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Cheaper Than Dirt... the SUPREME SCALPERS... had Armscorp .22LR bricks of 500 rounds for only $199.89... save $40! I would imagine that they charge for shipping, too!.

At the last gun show I sold my last 4.9 bricks of Blazer 40-gr LRN .22LR for $85 a brick... a mere $40-$50 more than I paid during a previous shortage, but less than twice! I couldn't charge 3-4 times what I paid and can't replace. I also sold CCI MiniMags for $20 a hundred, not the $30 and up prices everyone else was charging. Prices were insane and I decided to see what I could part with from my private stock, since I wasn't shooting much of anything and certainly not .22LR. My ammo was purchased during high-priced times and absolutely irreplaceable, but I have a conscience and just can't charge truly outrageous prices.

I'll be 75 in a few months and don't want to carry around a bunch of stuff I'm not going to use, if we decide to downsize or move. I did swap a few boxes with another dealer and got a few boxes of .380 Critical Defense... 1 for 1, then I offered 2 for 1 more... pretty good deal for me as I paid about $12 or so a box for a few cases of .380 FMJ a few years ago. I still have over a case, but wanted to switch to regular pressure loads for my around the house P380. Oh, the 50-rd boxes of .380 FMJ were selling for $59+... the same for the 25-rd Critical Defense.

We're going to the gun show next month, Wifey volunteered, but I don't have much .22 left, so maybe we can sell some centerfire and more of my mags. I sold a bunch of mags and want to divest myself of a bunch more so I won't be such a big criminal when everything is illegal soon!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I don’t see an end to the ammo madness until Republicans have firm control of Congress. Maybe after the ‘22 elections, maybe not.

For now I’m shooting less but I am replenishing what I use as there may come a day soon where ammo will be unobtainable at any price.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Ammo control is the NEW GUN CONTROL. I heard a while back that part of new administration's plan is to RESTRICT ammo from being imported to drive price through the roof. The American manufacturers would not be able to meet demand and drive price out of reach for most TADA... a form of gun control. According to radio commentary 70% of all ammo consumed in the USA is imported.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Heads up....
    The “free” government Covid stimulus money for us poor folks was direct deposited into our bank account this morning.
    Maybe I’ll use mine for a Happy Meal and that bag of .357.

Those Nigerians work really fast.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Then again, this is the only (im)practical thing I can think of to get with Joe’s generosity.
    Have no use for one, but maybe one of my grandkids might appreciate it and the dozen Pmags I would buy to go with it.
    A red dot and ammo will be their problem.
    Ruger 556 pistol ($999.99 plus tax, shipping & trandfer) - only a 50% markup since a year ago.

Please talk me out of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Rudyard Kipling

Personally I do not believe things will every get back to what we know as "Normal". The Sport is a dead man walking. Ammo prices for sure will never be the same. Even if available, the prices will always be Extremely HIgh. More laws, more restrictions, no more shipping, more taxes on ammo, higher prices of of raw materials, more control from China and the BLUE states continued URBAN growth will suffocate the gun industry and the world in the US as we know it. It would take a major event in history to change the current US trajectory that it is now headed.
    That said, a major event is very likely. The Country is divided now more than anytime in US History. We will see major Crime come into the US. There will be much more BLM riots and Antifa sabotage. Presently the astronomical invasion of Illegal immigrants rushing our past our borders, bringing in more Organized CARTELS etc. This alone is a recipe for disaster, and carnage. We grossly under estimated BLM and the Marxist leaders that are now running the Country and Biden just a puppet. World war in now, not just inevitable under the Biden Administration but much closer than we ever believed, now our Enemies are feeding into the new weakness of America like wolves salivating at the mouth over bleeding lambs. The whole world now see's this weakness, the defuning of police will continue, the down sizing of the military etc. all are warning signs of things to come.
    Maybe the least of our worries is ammo. But one thing for sure, we will all see horrors in the coming years if not sooner.

Disarming the American citizen is part of the Plan. It is NOT about the 2A, it is about POWER!
    Every single thing Biden is now doing from A-Z is a move to destroy America. From the economy, to China, Iran, Russia, to the borders of the US is a major plan that has been in the making for years and it is here NOW!

No wonder Bloomberg is f’d up, he ran with a crowd of spoiled a-holes.
    -Rudyard Kipling