CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: New Member from Kansas City area

Cool New Member from Kansas City area

Hello -- New member here.
    My shooting interests have included competition -- PMA (civilian PPC) years ago shooting a S&W revolver; USPSA mostly in L10 Division shooting a single stack 1911 pistol and in Production Division shooting a Beretta 92; and, most recently, IDPA SSP Division shooting a Canik TP9SF.
    Owned a Kahr PM9 for many years. Great carry gun. I find I shoot it surprisingly well for such a small pistol, though I don't often shoot it. Recently retired, I have been thinking about purchasing a CW9 or S9 as I believe I would enjoy practicing with it. I believe I should actually practice with what I carry.

Welcome! Wish I had your shooting experience. Mostly a paper puncher here. Congrats on choosing the CM9. I agree on what a great little gun Kahr made, in such a small package. I had a CM9 or 2 over the years. Now carry the CW9. I went through every imaginable carry gun before settling on it, so I think you will like it as much (probably more) than it’s lil brother.
    You’ll enjoy this forum and the people here if you spend any time in here. Nice folks that are helpful as can be if you need insight. Again, welcome to the forum and HAPPY SHOOTING!

Hi thinman, welcome to Kahrtalk....Like BirdsThaWord said you will fit right in here and it’s a real fun place to hang out and we’re glad you found us.....I carry a PM9 every day and for such a small easily concealable pistol I can shoot it pretty good and so far it’s been 100% with no failures so if you can pick a CW9 or a P9 you will be happy and will have found a very nice, accurate little carry pistol.....

Several years back my son and I found a range that hosted a monthly IDPA match and man, that was really fun....We both shot a S&W 1911 and he did pretty good, I didn’t do near as well knowing people were watching me shoot but it was very interesting and the stages were very good real world practice, moving and reloading on the run, very interesting in that it made you do things you normally don’t do just shooting paper....

Again welcome and stop by often, with your shooting experience I’m sure you have some stories to tell we could all learn from.....