Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new from Kahr

Default Something new from Kahr

Kahr needs to get going and make 22lr conversions for the PM/CM9 and the P/CW380. If they would come out with those I could practice with 22s on the same platform that I carry. I now shoot 22lr with my CZ75 SP-01 tactical, but I don't carry it. Just too big. I only shoot 25 each of 9mm and 380 each month. The 22s are nice for some extra shooting, but just not great practice for the carry guns.

Default Something new from Kahr

Both Ruger and Smith and Wesson announced high capacity micro 9s today to compete with the 365 and Hellcat.

I can’t imagine that Kahr sells too many of their polymer 9s.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

If Kahr doesn’t come out with a 10-12 round PM9 Covert or CW9 Covert this year, I will buy at least one of these Ruger Max-9 pistols.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Kahr needs to get going and make 22lr conversions for the PM/CM9 and the P/CW380. If they would come out with those I could practice with 22s on the same platform that I carry. I now shoot 22lr with my CZ75 SP-01 tactical, but I don't carry it. Just too big. I only shoot 25 each of 9mm and 380 each month. The 22s are nice for some extra shooting, but just not great practice for the carry guns.
    They've needed to get going for a while now..........Way too many ways to shoot .22 cal. these days. A very competitive caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    If Kahr doesn’t come out with a 10-12 round PM9 Covert or CW9 Covert this year, I will buy at least one of these Ruger Max-9 pistols.

Not the least bit interested in another LC9, I have owned two of them. Nice guns, but the Kahr is a much better carry gun. I hope Kahr does not make any changes. A couple of extra rounds in a gun that is suppose to be light and small is not going to do a thing for me. Who cares what Ruger is doing. Want one, then just buy one. I will stick with Kahr and appreciate the size and weight all day. And not to mention the Fantastic DAO Trigger. I got rid of the last LC9S because the trigger was way too light for EDC. Fortunately I have two CM9's. So if Kahr does anything drastic, then fine, I will still have the Originals and not think about another Kahr.
    It would seem that Ruger would start to think about a lighter, smaller 9mm gun and NOT just a pimped up LC9S with a few extra rounds. If a few extra rounds in that important in a EDC these days, then I will just forget a 10 rd magazine and go with a sub compact that carries 17 rds like the Ruger SR9C. But again, until the Zombies do come I am fine. My gosh the vast majority of gun owners will never use their guns and those that do will not even shoot more than a few rounds at the most.

I want a double stack Kahr 9mm. You don’t, that is fine.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Looking at the size of the P365 and Hellcat compared to the PM9 I'll pass on the extra rounds. I pocket carry and the double stacks are just too big for my comfort. If I would change to waistband carry I would probably change my mind. Right now though I just want to be able to shoot a lot cheaper with my chosen platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Looking at the size of the P365 and Hellcat compared to the PM9 I'll pass on the extra rounds. I pocket carry and the double stacks are just too big for my comfort. If I would change to waistband carry I would probably change my mind. Right now though I just want to be able to shoot a lot cheaper with my chosen platforms.
    The grip thickness definitely makes a difference for pocket carry.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

If Justin Moon makes a double stack CW9 or PM9 Covert with the .9” width slide and a grip frame no wider than the CW45, then I’m all over it.
    And make the magazines with a flat flush stainless steel floor plate.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I want a Kahr revolver. 357 5-shot.

Kimber did it.