Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something new from Kahr

Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I WOULD change the grip........................I never could do the DAO thing. Not with a revolver. As has been mentioned in the past, the "cool" factor must always be taken in to consideration. A DAO revolver just isn't natural. It doesn't feel right and it definitely doesn't look good or cool. When I see one of those non exposed hammer models, it kind of reminds me of a dog with 3 legs. I never understood why someone wouldn't want their revolver to function 2 different ways. This "stuff" about triggers getting caught during concealed draws don't/wouldn't happen with a proper holster. Even cowboys had hammers.
    I went through 3 or 4 grips on the K6s and none of them had the right geometry to me. Sold it.
    I know what you mean about the hammer, the Taurus 856 is a great revolver, but the hammer spurless model just looks dorky to me. I'm not as opposed to it on other models, especially the J-frames with shrouded hammers.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Kimber makes that, just in DAO.

It's a fantastic revolver, but the geometry just doesn't fit my hand.
    What's wrong with your hand?

All this is boiling down to some great and free marketing research for Kahr Co. to develope and introduce to the world the best damn DASA revolver ever imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    What's wrong with your hand?
    It must be S&W shaped.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Anybody seen one of these in the wild?
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

It's not about YOU. It's about getting the new gun buyer who's shopping for a concealed carry pistol. If someone has to choose between a pistol that holds 6+1 vs a pistol that holds 10+1 in a comparably sized package, they're choosing the latter. Especially when the choice is well-known makers vs a relative unknown.

Before I bought my P9, I carried a SIG P239 and a S&W 3913. I gambled on Kahr because the P9 was unique at the time. It was the only single stack, striker fired polymer 9mm on the market.

Now the single-stack is less preferable. More ammo in a comparably sized package is better.

The Kahr division isn't exactly printing money at this point. If a revolver came, one would think it would be under the Magnum Research brand. That being said, I don't see that relatively small company gambling on a revolver. Developing a new DA J frame type revolver would be massively expensive.

Why? The Kimber K6 exists. The Airweight J frame .357 Magnums exist. The LCR exists. And now that CZ has bought Colt and has buckets of money, I expect to see a new Detective Special or Cobra introduced.

But when it comes to a carry .357, lighter is better---and Smith has that dialed in with the Scandium and Titanium models.

My 80's vintage Cobra.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I WOULD change the grip........................I never could do the DAO thing. Not with a revolver. As has been mentioned in the past, the "cool" factor must always be taken in to consideration. A DAO revolver just isn't natural. It doesn't feel right and it definitely doesn't look good or cool. When I see one of those non exposed hammer models, it kind of reminds me of a dog with 3 legs. I never understood why someone wouldn't want their revolver to function 2 different ways. This "stuff" about triggers getting caught during concealed draws don't/wouldn't happen with a proper holster. Even cowboys had hammers.
    Well, I know you meant to say "hammers" instead of "triggers", but it is a thing, and carrying a revolver with spurred hammer concealed has a long history of snagged draws and holes worn in cover garments. Cowboys you refer to knew nothing better...if they even bothered to conceal.

Nothing shootable comes out of a pocket or even a concealed holster quicker than a bobbed hammer revolver. And carrying for defense, the preferred operation is DAO. It's why us old timers migrated so easily to the Kahr. In fact, I go back & forth between Kahr and a DAO snub revolver with no difficulty whatsoever. Unless you're Ed McGivern, you won't equal split times thumbing a hammer.

Kahr should focus on bringing their excellent trigger and thin slide into the current competitive market with more rounds and modern sight options. But they should do so, IMO, without dropping the current standard models.