Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spike in revolver prices?

My thought was ammo availability and after playing around with the little Ruger it’s pretty neat and with a much nicer trigger than my factory stock S&W 642 .38......I really didn’t need a new gun, still have and daily carry my PM9 but it seemed like a good idea if ammo never comes back, besides my wife was already mad at me which come to think about it seems to be a common denominator for several of my firearm purchases so I said, why not, rap it up, I’ll take it.....

So you got the Ruger .38 special? I picked up the 9mm version some years ago. Shoots good but on mine I have to make sure to release the trigger all the way. There is a little click about half way to reset but the hammer isn’t reset yet.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

It’s a Ruger LCR but not .38 special it’s a 6 shot .327 Federal Magnum caliber.....Same size/weight as the .38 but in .32 and 6 shots rather than 5 like the .38 pistol plus it will shoot any .32 pistol ammo even .32 acp without moon clips so it’s versatile

The LCR9mm is a keeper. Bought mine when it first hit the market and never looked back. Love the gun. Enjoy shooting it, great trigger. Snub nose revolver do have a learning curve. I was lousy with them at first but that was thousands of rounds ago. Interesting to see how much you can improve with them. I like shooting it so much, I bought the LCR22 and can truthfully say it is the most fun shooting Rimfire I have shot. Great Trainer and Plinker. After a training/Practice session I love to put Clay's on the 50 yd bern and just take my time busting them. I had never thought about a 22.cal for defense, but one day fast shooting at the range, I felt, like God, would hate to have 8 fast rounds hitting my neck, face and Chest. And you can get very good with one. And being a revolver it is very rare to get a failure.
    As Hickcock45 said when reviewing snub and have a good time. "There is just something about them
    Last edited by King Rat; 03-17-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Nice King Rat. I also like the LCR but carry the M&P 340 more....slightly smaller and so light. But not the best to shoot stout loads in!

Default Keep the Kahr-

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Over the past year I have seen used Glocks sell at my LGS for $450 and yesterday a used P365 went for $465 but last night while looking at their used online page if see,
    S&W
    Mod 60-1 2" with adjustable sights for $995
    Mod. 686 no dash for $995
    Mod 640 no dash 38sp. for $695
    Mod 650 22WMR for $995
    Some with original box and some without.
    These are listed by an LGS that is and always had what I would call "fair" prices on guns and ammo.

I am not a collector and I realize these are pre-lock guns but do the prices seem to be high?

This is not the fist time that Revolvers have been mentioned of being a shortage. I talked to the owner of the LGS which I have known for years. I asked him where are all the Revolvers. He use to have a complete case of them all the time, now just a few. He told me he cannot keep them in stock. What was interesting his that he had about 3 or 4 used Sig 365's.