Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spike in revolver prices?

Default Spike in revolver prices?

Over the past year I have seen used Glocks sell at my LGS for $450 and yesterday a used P365 went for $465 but last night while looking at their used online page if see,
    S&W
    Mod 60-1 2" with adjustable sights for $995
    Mod. 686 no dash for $995
    Mod 640 no dash 38sp. for $695
    Mod 650 22WMR for $995
    Some with original box and some without.
    These are listed by an LGS that is and always had what I would call "fair" prices on guns and ammo.

I am not a collector and I realize these are pre-lock guns but do the prices seem to be high?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Oh yeah, seem high to me. We're in a gouging frenzy right now. 686 no dash has been in that range a long time, been looking. The rest seemed to have increased a lot!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

You should go to Bills and take a look at the price for new revolvers. Or any LGS. What were $650 are now $999 +. When all that is left in the sales cases are a very few semi,s and maybe slightly more revolvers. Supply and demand comes into play. Pretty much all the semi and revolvers are at or above MSRP. The biggest problem with buying a revolver now is finding something to put in it.

Maybe it's just my impression but it seems gun dealers push revolvers on female first time buyers. Since there are a lot of those these days I wonder if that has impact?

I believe,
    revolvers have always been more complicated to build and they should cost more than Tupperware guns made with interchangeable parts.
    but now that gun control measures are being pushed, lowly wheelguns are probably way down the list as far as the gun grabbers are concerned and many are buying for that reason.

That said, as far as being pushed to first time gun owners, that is a real possibility and in many ways I support that measure. We get a half dozen brand new shooters per week that have their new semi-auto lock up after the first round is fired. We are constantly running over to a new shooter with a malfunction and making sure they know how to safely clear their firearm. Most of them cannot even remove the mag let alone lock the slide back and few are aware they may have just chambered a fresh round. Last Sat. alone within five minutes of each other we had a brand new in the box Gen 3 and a new Gen 5 second round malfunction both from the same LGS.

You can't limp wrist a revolver. They are super simple to load and unload and there are no safeties to think about. Most can pick one up after not looking at one for years and remember how to open the cylinder. Put a set of CT laser grips on that thing and watch the shooter instantly improve.
    When working with a individual that is looking for a first handgun, I always start with a 22 semi but when moving on to a centerfire guns, a revolver is always in the mix.

In a recent post I mentioned I had found a 642 snubbie. Years ago I gave my then single mom a Mod 60 ProSeries with a 3" barrel and laser grips. This 642 will go to her and her fiancé as a traveling gun for their trips into downtown Minneapolis.
    No, her eyes are fine, the safety glasses added a major distortion and made her look like Foster Brooks.

http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

I'd like a cheap 5-shot 357 revolver from Kahr Co.

I think they could do it.

You might need more in in Downtown Minn.

Lol, George Floyd square is a war zone. (AKA Mostly Peaceful Protest)

https://www.startribune.com/near-geo...ght/600034699/
    Last edited by King Rat; 03-16-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    I'd like a cheap 5-shot 357 revolver from Kahr Co.

I think they could do it.
    I don’t think you will ever see a Kahr revolver but it would be interesting....The Ruger LCR polymer frame snub revolvers are a nice alternative though.....Last Saturday I stopped by my LGS looking for ammo, no 9mm no .38/.357 or .44 but they had a shelf full of .327 Federal Mag and a pretty good supply of .32 H&R Magnum which are real close to .38 special and the Federal Mags are close to .357 in energy plus you get 6 rounds in the little gun....I bought the only one they had for $599.00 and a box of Federal and H&R all for less than 700 bucks......I haven’t shot it yet but I understand the Federal Mags are a hand full with a bunch of muzzle blast but the H&R mag load is pretty nice......

Not sure why this caliber didn’t take off but there seems to be ammo available (expensive) but at least it’s out there.....Now I need to find a lever action rifle in .327 Federal Mag if they exist.....

I always push revolvers for a first gun, man or woman, especially if they don't intend to shoot once in awhile or for times like these where ammo is impossible to get.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I was absolutely SHOCKED recently when I sold one. I had a Taurus Raging Hunter 454 Casull that I had bought new maybe a year and a half ago. I paid, all in, about $750 for it. When I sold it on Gunbroker recently, it sold for $1,825!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!